Freak Show Part 5

Same Pov

Suddenly, a ringmaster and his weird lady sidekick appear out of nowhere. The ringmaster is fairly well-dressed and the sidekick is dressed very, well let's say there's not much left to the imagination. 

"Come on! There is no need to hide in the woods! Everyone is welcome at the show!" he shouts. His voice is like sandpaper. 

The show?

"Welcome!" The lady sidekick extends her arms, as if she's inviting the whole world to whatever we're about to see. Everyone approaches the ringmaster. Even the Guardian—the bloodthirsty beast who's terrorized us for the past half hour—has suddenly turned into a pussy, slouching and walking towards the ringmaster with its head hanging low. Is it...ashamed? What's happening? And where are Matt and Tim? 

"I made you into something that people would travel for miles to see...and you threw it all away." He sighs, composes himself, and glares at his beast. 

"There will be punishment." he finishes. So, apparently, the Guardian was some sort of carnival attraction at the ringmaster's circus, and then it escaped just in time to make our lives hell.  The ringmaster turns back to us, smiling once again. 

"I think a celebration is in order." he announces. 

"Yes, a celebration!" exclaims his sidekick. 

"For the return of our beloved Sam..." tf? Sam? So the Guardian has a name now?

"My esteemed guests...I ask you to join me in an evening of the thrilling bizarre..." Tim frowns. Eva bites her lip. Lele's got an "are-you-serious" look on her face, Matt is still on the ground, Joey is gripping my arm, and everyone else just looks scared. 

"The carnival!" The ringmaster cracks his whip once again. 

"Yes! The curse! Follow me!" Joey says yelling. So now we're going to go see a circus. A cursed one, no less. And now we're all lined up at the front gate, ready to go see the creepiest show on earth.

Also, there's a bearded lady in the ticket booth. Because screw it, that's why.

"I need your tickets, please!"

"I have a ticket." Joey pulls the ADMIT ONE ticket out of his pocket and hands it to the bearded lady. She takes it, puffing her pitch-black lips, studying Joey through a faceful of mascara. 

"Welcome to the circus," she purrs. "Now, go." her eyes go wide. We enter. There's weird posters, strings of tiny lights, a man juggling bright blue bowling pins...and, in the center, a red-and-blue tent, which is clearly the center.

"This is terrifying," says Matt, and for once, Lele murmurs in agreement with him. Joey points at the bearded lady, looking like he's trying to bring back a long-forgotten memory. 

"I think I know her..." hmm, i think i do too. But before my mid can elaborate, a bird-man thing pops up out of nowhere and scares the shit out of all of us. We are about to enter that scary ass tent. The ringmaster won't stop grinning at us. 

As soon as we set foot in the tent, Lele points. 

"Is that the artifact?" I look, almost giving myself whiplash and i can confirm she's right. There's the artifact, on display, sticking out like a sore thumb. 

"Oh shit!" One more. The last one. We're almost out of here.

"We need that," Eva gasps. 

"That's the last artifact. We're here. We're going to get it." she continues. 

But what are we going to have to do to get it?