Mermaid Tails Part 1

A/n- I fucked up the title lol

"Do you not see a pattern here? Do you guys get where I'm coming from?" Matt asks, desperately. 

"Okay, but we can't just, like, give up!" Joey retorts.

 "Otherwise, we're as good as dead!"

"He's right, Matt, please, i know you lost hope, but please you need to put through ok? Let's start small, let joey read the note. Ok?" I wiped the tears from my eyes as Matt nods, ok were getting somewhere, i look to Joey. 

"Let's read before we die" he says.

"You don't get it, Joey. We're as good as dead already. We died the minute we accepted your invitation." I say, he stares at me. 

"I just don't see the light at the end of the tunnel," Matt mutters, shaking his head. Joey picks up the priest's journal. 

"Well," he snaps defiantly, "why don't we just try finding the next owner so that we can free it and get on with our lives?"

"Yeah," Eva agrees. Joey opens the journal and reads its contents aloud.

"Madison developed a taste for men, and soon the pool was filled with her victims. In time, her conscience began to whisper, and the guilt weakened her. The house moved on to another owner, keeping her trapped in the house." He reads. 

"Madison," as it turns out, is a mermaid, according to the sketch on the opposite page. Lele is visibly surprised at this, but I shrug it off as just another weird thing that this house has decided to throw at us.

"The key to her room rests on the first floor and can only be found by breaking open the world."

"The world!" shouts Eva triumphantly, pointing at a nearby globe.

I smile a little. This is easy. The globe's right there. The evil must've decided to give us a break for once. Everyone rushes for the globe. Eva gets there first, punching it out of its frame with an almost frightening ease. Joey proceeds to pick it up and raise it over his head.

"You got this!" i yell.

"Go, Joey!" Eva yells

"You think we gotta break it?" he asks unsure.

"Yeah! Do it! Do it!" Tim says eagerly. Joey throws the globe against the table. Much to our surprise, it stays intact.

"I think we should step on it," Eva suggests.

Oli snatches up the globe. Oli! SMASH! He busts the globe in two with a single well-placed kick, sending the two halves flailing against the floor. The group crowds around his mess, expecting to find our next clue, but both halves are disappointingly empty. Eva's mouth twitches into a frown. 

"There's nothing in it?"

"Okay, that's not the world," says Joey with a sigh.

It isn't? Oli's shoulders slump. Lele makes a face. 

Then what the hell—

"I found another one!" It's Lele, a stubborn scowl on her face, clutching a second globe between her gloved hands.

 "Can I break it?"

Oli shrugs. "Yeah. Go ahead."

"Just do it!" Eva shouts.

To say that Lele "just does it" would be an understatement. She holds it high, channels the ferocity of a fifty-ton wrecking ball, and smashes the hapless globe against the table.