The Ungodly Machine: Part 1

"If you're reading this, I have failed in my mission. My killer is not who you might think it is; it's the house itself which is possessed of an ancient evil that has locked it in time. I came here tonight with the intention of destroying it. I am a member of a secret organization known as the Society Against Evil, and we've been battling this wicked force for centuries. There are four artifacts, which the evil has hidden behind a series of puzzles and clues. If they can be gathered, and a binding ritual can be performed, the evil will be locked away. However, to complete the final task to retrieve each artifact, the group must vote on two people who must undertake a dark challenge. Tragically, one of them will die. But to help you along the way, the Society Against Evil has marked the clues with their symbol. You have until sunrise to recover the artifacts before you are trapped here forever. What lies ahead will not be easy, but I'm afraid you have no other choice if you want to get back to 2016. Good luck, guys. Whatever happens...I'm glad I got the chance to know you.

Signed,
Shane Dawson"

We all stood in silence and shock, hearing what Joey just read. Eva suddenly dropped to her knees and cried holding Shane's hand. We all gave her sympathetic looks but she didn't care.

"Guys, I think we should leave, follow me, I have a car that can take us out of here." But getting Eva out was a different story. When there shouting got to much Oli picked up Eva. In the distance i hear GloZell yell "Please don't leave me in the 1920s," as she finally reaches the steps. We walked out and joey put me down to run but then the fucking car exploded, what the actual fuck. I looked around and saw people running back in all of sudden joey grabs my hand and yells "why are you sitting there come on!"  I just get up and bolt with joey hand in hand.

"Jesus!"

"I don't understand what just happened"

"I can't believe it!"

"Who was that guy?, Was that the driver?"

"Yes! He was just lying on the ground!"

"Calm down" Oli yells. Shouts and screams were heard all around and everything is hitting me.

"yes, yelling and panicking is not the answer!" i yell trying to process the death we had just witnessed. I can't believe it, two deaths in 10 minutes. Joey suddenly squeezes my hand it made me realize we're still holding hands. I nudge him and blush looking down at our hands. He looks at me with an embarrassed look and says sorry while letting my hand go. And that's when we all realize we're stuck in the 1920's unless 4 people die. I realize that they're going to have to go get those artifacts Shane spoke of, which means that (if that letter was right) 4 people are going to die. Which means that I could or joey, or eva—

No.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when GloZell yells "Well, somebody's gon' die—maybe we can just decide who gon' die."

"No!"

"People are going to die, regardless. It said that we have to vote people in to do the challenges." matt yells running a and through his hair.

"What do we know?" Sierra asks.

Joey sucks in a breath, and I can tell that he is mortified.

"Okay, well, we know from Shane's pocket that that symbol that was on the square is what's gonna lead us to our next clue."

"he's right" I say looking aorund at everyone.

"Ok then lets do it"

"So we've got to look for more of those symbols throughout the house." Matt says. He's trying to keep calm (and failing) and trying to think his way out of this situation. I can tell.

'I think that we should just, like, start looking now." Lele says. Eva starts to squirm in her seat and walks out of the living room crying as i follow her to comfort her.

"Eva you ok?" I ask hesitantly.

"NO! im not ok i just lost, we'll never get a happily ever after." She tears up some more, and hugs me.

"ok well here i wasn't going to give it to you now but i think you need it." I say, she looks at me and her eyebrows furrow.  I pull out a secret note i found from Shane.

"what's this?" she asks wiping her eyes.

"i-I found it in Shane's pocket when i found the note that joey read." I say slightly tearing up. She murmurs a slight 'thanks' and i nod walking out of the room. Thinking of his death, makesmy heart physically ache. Speaking of death, I don't believe it, of course I don't, it's all a load of crap and I know it, but even I can't help but feel a rush of panic at the thought of being trapped in this freak show forever.

"Why are we standing here? Let's do it. We don't have forever." Sierra asks sitting down.

"We need a clue' GloZell announces.

"yeah we do" Oli says, agreeing with her. Seconds after GloZell's remark, eva and Sketchy Sarah walks in with a giant wooden box. The last time she walked in with something, it was a head, so...to borrow a line from Star Wars, i got a bad feeling about this. The maid places the box on the table, and Oli instinctively steps away like he doesn't know what's in there, but it's probably something horrid, and whatever it is, he doesn't want it near him just like me.

'This arrived in the post earlier today" she anounces setting it down. She says it as if everything's normal, as if a car did not just blow up, as if we didn't just watch Shane die. GloZell was right everything about this woman screams danger, stay away. She whisks the box off and there's a  hand in there what the hell.

Cue more screams.

"What the bloddy hell is that?" Oli screams shielding his eyes. A fudging hand like what, It's long and skinny, pale white, black nail polish, with the strangest tattoos up and down the arm. But then everyone notices the note attached (almost at the same time) to the hand, and of course they all start pestering  "what does it say, what does it say"

Her essence can speak to you through the spirit board...

' Uh-oh!" Justine says and points to a strange-looking Ouija-board type object next to her. "Spirit board!" Eva, who seems to have become the designated reader of notes at this point and pulled it all together, takes over for GloZell.

"Okay, may I make a suggestion?" Arthur comes forward, we all nod.

"Someone should act as the voice and read the invocation." he suggests.

"I will, Greetings, spirits, Speak to us." she puts her hand on the board. For a good five seconds, silence lingers over the group. Eva stands farthest away from the spirit board, her earlier fear replaced with sheer terror. I go and hug her.

"Oh my god! " Justine yelps practically jumping away from the spirit board.

"It just lit up, I'm not even joking, this just..." She's a stuttering mess.

"This just lit up." Justine says. Then it begins to spell out

B

O

O

K

S

And we just freeze no one moves the only sound is oli reading off the letters.

"Books. We need to look at the books." Joey says.

"ok lets go!"

I take a deep breath.

Books. Okay. They're in the library. That could mean anything. Books are everywhere. But that doesn't matter i'll look through every book in the world if i have to. If it means escaping this house and leaving behind the memories of Shane choking and dying on the ground, i'm all for it.

A/N: I had some problems sorry didn't post for a while but i'm good now on track and part 2 is going to be up sometime tomorrow. kay kay see u later byeeeeee!!!