Betrayal At The House On The Hill Part 3

After what seems like an eternity, Oli spots Eva, he slaps Joeys arm and Joey slaps mine, I look at him offended, but he points.

"Eva, come on! Get down here! Hurry!" Oli pleads.

"Where are you?" she squeaks. She climbs out of the bush, trying not to make too much noise, and runs. A few corners later, she's back, I hug her tightly.

"Marvin's over here," Joey hisses.

"Marvin's over here." Now we gotta make sure that no one else dies tonight. The reunited group collectively darts behind a tree, where we wait for Marvin to leave their line of sight.

"Ready?" whispers Joey as the groundskeeper fades from view.

"One...two...three!" I count off and we run. We run. My lungs feel like they're going to give out any minute, but I ignore the pain and run anyway. Finally, we duck behind the fountain, using our flashlights to peer into its depths. Diamonds litter the floor, and Eva wonders aloud which one is the gem we need.

"There's a gem in the water," Joey remarks.

Oli frowns. "There's a German?" I furrow my brows. A look of confusion darting across my face. 

"No! A gem!"

"Oh." Eva barely suppresses a chuckle. I look at her and smile slightly.

"Look!" Joey grabs a nearby chest, then reads its inscription aloud.

"Under the water are three invisible stones. Place them on my crown, and I will repay you tenfold."

Oli's already stirring up the water. Joey's more pragmatic, remarking that they should "look for something that can help grab it." He disappears briefly, comes back with a rake, and starts poking through the fountain.

"I'm nervous," I moan. Joey's making a lot of noise, and I can't shake the feeling that we're going to be caught.

"I'm nervous too" Eva agreed with me, Sure enough, not three minutes later, they hear Sarah's victorious shout.

"I found them!" This bitch.

"Joey!" Oli whimpers.

"You're caught! She's in the window!"

Joey ducks behind the fountain again. "Who?"

"Arthur!" Sarah calls. "Marvin!"

"I got the diamonds," whispers Joey, showing them to Oli and Eva. Thank goodness. At least some good came out of that stunt. He places them on the chest, and it pops open. But we don't have much time to celebrate, because Marvin reappears with a scowl.

"Where?" he grunts. I smile, he's a dumbass.
Sarah points in the general direction of the fountain.

"They were over there." Hunny.

"Where?" Joey snatches two rubies from the chest, and us YouTubers hide behind a nearby clump of bushes. By the time Marvin and Sarah arrive to investigate, were safely out of sight. There's an angry look of confusion on Sarah's face.

"They were just there!" Joey visibly breathes a sigh of relief and whispers the next clue to us.

"The spirits will speak words to help you restore my evil eyes, so I might guard the house with my wings."

"Wings." Joey frowns, trying his best to puzzle out the clue in front of him.

"Is there, like, a statue? A statue with wings?" Eva nods.

"Up there. See that?" She points to the top floor of the house, where a gargoyle stands like a silent sentinel.

"Wings. That guards the house." I whisper mostly to myself but the group hears.