Freak Show: Part 3

same pov

Oh, who am i kidding? It doesn't matter why my friends keep dying. The point is, they're dying, and they shouldn't be. I can't stop picturing them. On the bright side, eight still live. And I'm gonna make sure it stays that way.

"Look, we can talk about this all we want," Oli says, struggling to keep his voice calm, "but if we're going to get out of this, we need to stick together. Blaming people and pointing fingers is only going to make things worse." he gives me and Matt a look.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

-----

Joey gasps suddenly reaching into his pocket and pulls out a fifty-cent ADMIT ONE ticket to a circus.

A circus. Oh shit the ticket, so caught up in the feud, i forgot. I stand up and walk to stand with Joey.

"What's that?" Matt asks, Joey answered.

Joey turns the ticket over, and there's a note written on the back. I barely have any time to wonder who's writing all these notes before Joey clears his throat and reads.

Round and round the room we go.

Tim shrugs. "What if there's, like, a carnival ride?"

"A merry-go-round," suggests Sierra.

But Oli shakes his head. "What goes round and round in this room?" he asks, wrecking Tim and Sierra's merry-go-round fantasy before it even has the chance to take off.

"There is a record player," Matt points out.

"That goes round and round."

"Is there a record on it?" Joey asks.

They check. There isn't.

"There's also a phone from back in the day," says Tim, holding up one of those old-fashioned rotary phones. He cranks it. Nothing happens. Wow.

"When you flush a toilet, it goes round and round," jokes Matt. at least i hope it was a joke.

"I roll my eyes a lot, but that's not it now is it?!" I yell, I'm livid at him, he smirks at me. Sierra shoots an "are-you-crazy" look our way.

"There's no toilet!" she screams.

"Oh." Matt says, he can tell that she's not in a good mood. He doesn't blame her; watching someone die can do that to you.

"Give me a kiss." He says. Sierra is shocked.

I turned to look at him and he looked ridiculous, staring at Sierra with that picture over his face, so I giggled, wtf I giggled.

"You're creepy. Just saying." i tell him. 

On the one hand, she's smiling, which is an improvement, but she's also looking at him like he's a psycho or some shit. He's looking at her, like she the whole universe, it's pissing me off.

"Trying to make out with her?" I ask smirking, he looks at me, getting close to me and nearing his face to mine.

"Why you jealous?" He asks in a baby voice. My cheeks heat up, I'm assuming from anger, I shake my head and he smirks proudly.

Nah. Just trying to lighten up this doom-and-gloom atmosphere.

——-

I turn around to see Joey's messing around with a lamp when he suddenly he bolts up holding a piece of paper. 

"Guys!"

There's a piece of paper hiding underneath the lamp. A note. Round and round...of course. The lamp. is. Round.