Chapter 8: A Litleo Training

Start from the beginning

What she doesn't know is that Light is deeply bothered by what Dark had said to him three days ago. Especially the hypocrite part. After all, Dark had made fun for Light's issue with trusting Pokemon but now that Light is on a Pokemon Journey, Dark thinks that Light been lying about his issues the whole time. Not only that but he wants to make Light miserable so much that his life will feel like a living Distortion World and want to move back to Sinnoh. Just how Light wanted to end his birthday... Not! And Prof. Sycamore chose Dark to be a Pokedex user because?

The two of them finally reached the front desk of the Pokemon Center, where Nurse Joy, Chansey and her Happiny that was on her head were waiting for them with their Pokemon in their Pokeballs on the front desk. "Your Pokemon are in good shape. Though two of your Pokemon have a disease that will spread for all your Pokemon. It called Pokerus." Nurse Joy said. "Oh no, do we need to leave them here to get the medicine?" Serena asked Nurse Joy. "No, the good news is that this disease benefits the Pokemon." Nurse Joy said, much to Light and Serena's confusion.(Light due to not studying Pokemon and not wanting anything to do with them, Serena due to Pokemon Biology not being her best class.)

Nurse Joy chuckled before explaining. "Pokerus allows the Pokemon infected with it to become stronger much faster and get a major experience boost. However, while some case last forever, most are temporary, like for example a couple of months or weeks. Your Pokemon have the early stages so we don't know how long it will be but I or my sisters and cousins, the other Nurse Joys, or other Pokemon Doctors will let you know in two weeks time." Nurse Joy said as she handed them the booklet that explained more about it. "Anyways, the Pokemon infected so far is Patterns and Digger." Nurse Joy said to the two of them. "However, if you keep them in your party, they will infect your other Pokemon and help them become stronger." She said as they put the Pokeballs in their respective places.(Light's Pokemon team is on his belt and Serena's is in her purse or skirt pockets, depending on the day.) "Well, thank you for the information. We will remember it." Serena said to Nurse Joy as Light bowed his head as a sign of thanks.

"Thanks and come again. By the way, I can't help but overhear that you were bored of your training method so far, right? Considering that your Gym Battle is tomorrow?" Nurse Joy asked with a sly smile, causing Light to face-palmed himself. "Yeah, but where else can we go? We can't go on Route 4 unless it's a special event, we lived in Lumiose City, or we have the Gym Badge from here." Light said bluntly.

"Well, maybe this can work out for you." Nurse Joy said as she held up a flyer, that read the following: 'Bored of battling Wild Pokemon? Just want a battle against a equal? Then sign up for the Route 22 battle tournament! Sign up will be from 2:00 P.M-2:30 P.M.! To enter tournament, Trainers must have at least 2 Pokemon on them! Hosted by Alexa Violet! Prize will be a training session with Alexa to prepare for Viola! Be there for all the battling action!'

"Wait, Alexa? That the person who asked me to help teach a class, though her sister Viola also asked and they didn't tell me what I was supposed to teach till the last minute." Light said. "She also wrote that article about the roller skate race and how you won it." Serena pointed out. "Yeah, Alexa Violet is a journalist for the Lumiose Press at Lumiose City. She here for a week and a half to interview her sister and any Trainers that managed to beat her." Nurse Joy said as she show them Alexa's famous articles for the newspaper on the computer. It showed all the things Alexa covered, even, to LIght's displeasure, Dustin's disappearance. "You can see why she is a big deal around here." Nurse Joy said as Light and Serena nodded. "Thank you again and we will enter this thing." Serena said before she and Light left the Center.

Light's P.O.V., Route 22 Battle Tournament, Route 22(Détourner Way), East of Santalune City, West of Route 21 and Victory Road Gate, Southeastern Central Kalos, Kalos Region-2:11 P.M.