Chapter 20 (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

“I'll find a way to look after you.” I could tell from her voice that she was second-guessing her decision. “If only it wasn't so difficult for me to stay…. I could've stayed here with you,” she whispered, softly. 

She leaned down to kiss my cheek. “I want to understand. Maybe, I'll see it through your perspective, but most of the days I'll just be angry with you.” 

She chucked. “I'll make my peace with it.” 

I wanted to reassure her. I couldn’t let Chase do this. I couldn’t let him take away my only friend for whom I cared so much.. Did giving up one really mean saving the other? 

I was giving up our friendship to save Mia from anymore of the trouble. Despite my reluctance, I knew Mia couldn't risk living in this city anymore, not until the devil stops hovering above her head.

We couldn't let Chase Henry win. If he won his sick game, he will possess Mia’s life forever . He knew the moment Mia submitted to him, her fate would be sealed with him. 

“Hello?” Mia snapped me out of my thoughts and diverted my attention towards her. “You ready to go?” 

“Yeah, let me just change into something more comfortable.” 

“Kay, I'll be downstairs.” 

We both changed our clothes and drove in my Aunt’s car. Aunt Lucille was taking a mid-afternoon nap as she would soon be above the international waters, again. 

“What do you want me to do?” I looked over at her, her hands clasped in her lap, looking kind of nervous, and I smiled.  “I'm nervous as well.”

She chuckled, nervously. “Oh, sweetie, I'm not a bit nervous of committing a felony, but I'm certainly nervous of having you drive without your license.” 

“Let's not be afraid of my driving. I'll be driving you soon, anyway.” I added a double meaning to my sentence. 

“Quit whining and put your eyes on the road. I want to be alive for the next 24 plus hours, I guess.” Apprehension written all over her face. “And I can't miss the joy of destroying Chase’s most valuable possession. His cars.” 

“Cars?” I questioned the plurality of the word. “I thought it was just one.” 

“Nope. We will be damaging all of his fucking cars. Most importantly, his Lexus LFA. That's like his baby and I hate that fucking car the most.” 

“Any specific sentiments attached to that car?” 

“Yeah, he fucked me and a hell lot of girls on the backseat of the car. That one should be destroyed to pieces.” 

“Well, that should be fun to do.” 

Once, we arrived at this estate, it wasn't hard for Mia to fool the security. They let us in and we drove straight to the garage. Garage or the paradise of cars, you can call it whatever you want. 

There wasn't a single car which looked even remotely used, scarred or damaged to the naked eye. I almost felt bad for Chase. Almost. 

“Where do you want to start?” I searched for the first  victim until my eyes zeroed on a Dodge Charger Daytona. 
“That one.” 

***

“Oh, shit!” I exclaimed. “I can't believe we did that.” My heart was beating erratically fast. “Fuck, fuck, fuck.” 

“I know, right?!” Mia matched my excitement. “That was sick. Oh, God. I suddenly know the perfect remedy of getting closure.” 

We both laughed at the absurdity of the act we just committed. We managed to vandalize, not all, but most of Chase’s most cherished cars. There were broken windows, torn seats, spray painted exterior and for heaven's sake, the oil beaten out of the engine.