Chapter 27

Day 9 - "Home"

"What if they ask about your school days? Your childhood? And what if I spill secrets when I get drunk after they force alcohol to me?!"

Jungkook was freaking out too much. It was just a one day trip to a camp with my colleagues, but he was thinking about all the possible scenarios, or 'bad ends' as he referred to, and kept worrying all morning.

"You'll be fine!" I shouted, pushing him out the door with his backpack, and gave a light slap to his butt for encouragement. "Now go! You'll be late for the bus."

"Ow! What was that for?" His eyes widened.

I only shrugged and shooed him away. "Just go and get some rest, Jungkook. I bet they won't be hard on you since you're new."

With a sigh, he nodded and slung the backpack over his shoulders, and stood there with expectant eyes as if he was waiting for something.

"What?"

"I think I need a good luck kiss," he mumbled shyly, shifting his weight from one side to the other.

I gawked at his shamelessness, but gave up after a moment and stepped forward to give him a quick kiss on the lips. He gasped, covering his mouth and stepping backwards.

"I didn't mean lips!"

My eyebrows crashed together. "What?! But you were being shy!"

"Can't I be shy about asking for a kiss on the cheeks?!" His face was flushing pink so he dashed out of the door, yelling, "I'm leaving!"

Oh... well...

My own face was starting to flush.

I shook off the fluttering feeling in my chest and took out my phone to dial Miryeong and ask her out on a date today since I was free after 3. Might as well use my free time wisely.

Jungkook's POV

What was she thinking? That I would shamelessly ask for a kiss on the lips? She's the one who's shameless, kissing me on her own yesterday night and then lying that she did it for the sake of switching back...

She was still afraid of being honest with her feelings...

Maybe it's because of me... Maybe it's because she thinks that I wouldn't want her...

I must tell her everything tomorrow when I come back... I can't hold it in much longer...

I'm so tired of this pain.

"Just on time, Y/N," Jina exclaimed, waving at me from where she stood among everyone next to the bus.

"Good morning," I sang, walking over to her. "I'm so nervous for this trip."

"Don't be. We just eat, play some children's games, do karaoke while some play basketball or tennis, and then drink, gossip for a while, and sleep. Just go with the flow and you'll be fine." She ended with a pat on my shoulder and I nodded with a small smile.