Chapter 9

Day 1 Part 4 - "Take it easy, okay?"

Your POV

"Jungkook, focus!"

Hoseok snapped me out of my daze and I realized that I was in the practice room, preparing for the upcoming Festa.

Apparently, Jungkook was preparing to rap while dancing for this year's festival and that meant my tongue would break along with my bones this time.

Rapper Jungkook making a comeback was nice and all, but why did I have to be in his place during this time of distress? Give me a fucking break.

"Why is he suddenly so bad at this?" Hoseok whispered to Namjoon and the latter shrugged his shoulders while eyeing me closely.

Mr. Son stopped the music as he noticed how I had so much troubles trying to perform the choreography he just taught me in the morning. Everyone expected me to learn the dance quickly, but got surprised when I didn't.

"Jungkook," he started, stepping closer. "Is the dance hard? Should we change it to a simpler and easier one?"

I gulped, not knowing what to say.

Should I call Jungkook? Should I just suck it up and try to learn it? Should I agree to changing it? What would have Jungkook wanted to do...?

"Um," I stammered as everyone's eyes were on me. "I t-think I need a small break. Please..."

"Okay then." Mr. Son turned to announce, "Break time!"

I let out a breath I was holding for a long time and scurried to the bathroom with my phone in hand.

When I entered the women's bathroom, the two girls who were in there washing their hands looked at me in shock and froze in place.

My eyes wandered the room, wondering what was wrong.

Until I beheld my reflection in the mirror.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry," I exclaimed with my heart beating furiously in fear, and ran out of the door. "I didn't mean to make this mistake!"

Dashing inside the men's bathroom, I quickly closed the door and locked it to take a deep breath and let it out along with my nerves.

"I can't do this by myself," I mumbled and dialed my own number before waiting for Jungkook to pick up.

After four rings, his voice whispered through the line. "Y/N?"

"Jungkook! Please help! I don't know what to do," I whined, sounding hopeless. "Your choreography teacher taught me a dance for your upcoming Festa performance but I keep failing and I couldn't rap, my tongue gets tied, I get breathless rapping while dancing and-"

"Woah, calm down, Y/N," he tried to appease me and I took a deep breath after realizing that I was rambling. "Tell them you need more time to perfect the dance. You're a fast learner, Y/N. I know you can nail it."

My heart suddenly decided to do flips and my cheeks felt warmer when I heard him say that.

"Even if you don't, it's totally fine. We still have two more weeks to come before the Festa. Take it easy, okay? Don't worry too much about it."