Chapter 1

B.S. Day 4 - "Carbonara"

"Your place is nice."

I chuckled before gesturing at the sofa for him to sit. "I know. My aunt has an eye for interior design. This is her place and I'm just staying here for a while until I buy my own apartment."

Jungkook nodded with an open mouth, admiring the coffee colored furniture while walking towards the sofa.

His eyes suddenly popped out when my words hit him. "So you're settling down here in Seoul?"

"Yeah," I chimed nonchalantly. "I got a job at a tourism company here. The salary was high and the people who work there seemed nice."

"Thanks to you, I speak Korean fluently now," I giggled.

He smiled. "Same here, but with your language."

I was still not used to seeing his smile again with his eyes gazing into mine so tenderly, full of unspoken feelings. My soul felt exposed again, but this time, I didn't mind it.

In fact, I felt at home.

Our souls found each other again and I was going to keep his with me this time.

I wasn't going to fuck up this time.

Standing up from the sofa, I walked to the bathroom to wash my hands.

"Where are you going?" He called from behind.

"Oh, you should wash your hands, too. Follow me." I gestured him to do so and he jogged up to me, his fluffy hair bouncing during the process.

My fingers started itching to touch it, but I held it back. Running my hands all over his locks on the day we just met again after many years would be absurd for sure.

But I still want to...

Shut up, Y/N.

After washing our hands silently, which gave off a weird feeling of tension, we arrived at the kitchen.

"So, what are you making," he asked curiously while sitting on a chair to watch me.

To watch me?

I hummed. "Carbonara."

"Carbonara, huh?" He giggled. "That reminds me of that time when we did the whisper challenge. Jiminie hyung was hilarious."

A soft smile stretched on my lips unknowingly while I poured water into a pot. "I remember being amazed at how Jin guessed it. The man is a genius."

He agreed, chuckling. "Hyung was amazing."

His phone started ringing and he froze when he checked the caller id.

Before I could ask him what was wrong, he walked away and took the call.

I knew it wasn't my place to know who was calling him or what they were talking about, but curiosity got the best of me and I sneaked from behind him to eavesdrop.

What a nosy little woman I am...

"Yeah, I'm sorry... You can go on ahead without me, I just met an old friend on my way. I'll see you tomorrow."

My heart throbbed. The fact that he called me a friend wasn't supposed to hurt. We weren't in a relationship or anything...

But it made me feel like he was somehow distant from me.

"Okay, bye."

He ended the call before turning on his heels and I quickly dashed back into the kitchen and pulled out a pasta.

Jungkook walked back into the room and sat down.

Don't do it...

"Did one of your hyungs call?"

Oh my gosh, I really am nosy...

"Uh... no," he chuckled awkwardly. "It was someone else."

Chuckling awkwardly? Someone else?

No, no. You just met him again, know your place.

"I see," I muttered while boiling the pasta. "So, how's life, Kookie?"

He stepped up next to me and I looked up at him confused.

"I want to help," he chimed while rolling up his sleeves. "Just tell me what I should do."

I tried not to get affected by his exposed muscles that were literally popping and just focused on instructing him. He became manlier somehow.

"I'm living separately, but in the same apartment as my hyungs. I didn't want to get separated from them."

I knew that. In fact, his whole life was on the internet, so who wouldn't?

I wondered how he felt about that.

His cooking skills seemed to have improved as I watched him work in the kitchen. Damn him, everything he did, he always did it to the highest quality.

"How's work?" I started another small talk. "I hope you're not overworking yourselves."

He chuckled. "It's fine. We're responsible adults, Y/N."

Adults, my ass. You're still the baby Kookie everyone coos at.

He snorted beside me and I realized that I said that out loud.

"I guess that's just part of my identity. Maybe persona?" He tilted his head while grinning at me. "Like how your sassiness is part of yours."

I chuckled. "Don't bring back Persona era. I don't want another identity crisis."

Then, all of a sudden, he started rapping 'Persona' while making gangster gestures, trying to look tough, but looking so squishy and adorable to me instead.

We finally finished cooking and sat down around the table to have our dinner.

"Thanks for the food, Y/N," he sang like a little kid while eating, bouncing a little on his seat, his eye smile jumping out.

I shook my head, smiling. "You did most of the cooking. I should be the one thanking you."

His smile grew bigger, causing my heart to swell.

We ate in silence but it wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was really nice to eat together like this.

"It's really good to see you again, Y/N," he spoke after a while. "I really missed you for the past few years."

I swallowed a little as I suddenly got reminded of our past. "Same here... I shouldn't have cut ties with you all when I left."

"Yeah," he whispered. "But I understand why you did that... It's alright."

I nodded and took a sip from my tea.

"Do you... Um... Can we..." he stuttered, trying to form a sentence while I raised an eyebrow. "Do you... want to be friends?"

I bit my lips.

Friends? Nothing more than that?

I shook my head.

Shut up, Y/N. You expect him to ask you to be his girlfriend after you two just met?

At least, he's trying to mend the broken bond you had with him.

I gave him a soft smile. "Of course."

————————————————————
A/N: Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote if you liked it 💐

Y'all see what I did? Lmao