Chapter 24

Day 6 - "Already beautiful"

Your POV

"Y/N's friend?"

I nodded with an exaggerated smile. "You're her bias and um, I just thought that you could meet her once? I won't force you though, if you don't want to."

"Ah," Namjoon exclaimed, snapping his fingers as if he remembered. "She was at the fansign, right? The one with orange hair and almond shaped eyes."

My eyes perked up. "Yes, that's right."

"Well... she was beautiful, not gonna lie, but... I don't know," he drawled, stroking his chin while spinning on his chair. "Since we're only going to get busier now, I don't think I would be able to make time for relationships... Not now, at least."

"That's understandable," I whispered in defeat, my eyes darting around his studio room, over all his figure collections.

"But I'll consider it, Jungkookie," he said, giving me a wholehearted smile and that was enough for me.

"Thanks, Joonie- I mean, hyung," I giggled, quickly slipping out of his room.

Feeling accomplished, I took out my phone from my pocket to call Jungkook but halted when I saw the new message that came from Miryeong.

My heart dropped when I read what she sent me.

My love ❤️: Jungkook, can we meet up after your work? I want to talk about our relationship...

My love ❤️: Maybe... it's better if we break up

A wave of panic paralyzed me and I tried to remember what I did wrong for her to say this, what I did wrong to ruin Jungkook and Miryeong's relationship. Surely, it was something to do with me since she wasn't like this the day I switched with Jungkook.

It had to be my fault.

I had to fix this.

After dialing her, I held the phone against my ear and nibbled on my lower lip as I waited for her to pick up.

"Kookie?"

"Miryeong, talk to me now, please," I said with a desperate tone, brushing my hair back. "Did I do something wrong? Why do you want to break up with me?"

"I don't... I don't want to break up with you," her voice quivered. "But... I can't help but feel like you're far away from me... emotionally... and that our relationship isn't real..."

What?

"It is real, what are you saying? I'm sorry for making you feel like I was distant... It's just that... I'm being busy with work and I... just have a lot going on."

She sighed softly. "I don't know, Kookie..."

"I promise you that I will show you my love more. How about we go on a date tomorrow during my break time around 5?"

After a long pause, she responded with, "Okay. I'm free then..."

"Thank you, Miryeong." I bit my lips to take deep breaths before saying, "I love you."