Chapter 17

Day 3 Part 4 - "Learn to love each other again"

Your POV

The apartment was dark and heavy with silence when I entered it. Carefully not to make a noise, not even the squeaking sound of my feet against the wooden floor, I slowly walked through the lightless apartment to go to my room.

My heart jumped and I yelped in shock when my phone suddenly started ringing loudly, tearing the silence. I fumbled with it, trying to pick it up as quickly as I could while mumbling curse words.

"Yes," I whisper yelled.

"Y/N? It's Y/N, right?" My aunt repeated with a short laugh. "Of course it's you, you're still stuck in each other's body."

"What is it, aunt?" I exclaimed with a small voice, afraid that I might wake Jungkook up.

"Ah, it's already past midnight there, right? Sorry," she giggled. She sure was as lively as ever. "Anyway, one of my friends who owns a jewelry shop recognized your necklaces, dear."

My eyes widened, eyebrows jumping.

"As I thought, they were the reason for your little- I mean, huge problem. According to my friend, Evelyn, those swan pendants were carved from the moonstones that a star crossed couple gave each other as their parting gifts in a pretty much forgotten myth. Long story short, they were never able to meet again and one of them died from heartbreak."

What the-

"But," I let out in a whisper, my brain trying to process her words, "that doesn't sound like the necklaces got cursed...?"

"Oh, dearie... You never asked me why the earrings were cursed, so why are you questioning this?" She chuckled. "Those earrings were a parting gift of a prince who couldn't accept a news that the girl he loved, a princess from another country was dying from a terminal illness. What do you think might have happened?"

I pursed my lips. "H-He died instead of her?"

"Sadly, yes...The illness was somehow transferred to the prince and the princess miraculously survived. Perhaps his parting gift did something, don't you think so? Since then, the earrings were said to be cursed and then bam, as I expected, you two switched bodies."

"Wait... How did you know we would switch?"

She chuckled. "The shop owner was a fan of such things and told me those who wear the earrings would switch bodies from experience."

My breath hitched. "What experience?"

"That's classified information, she told me not to tell anyone," she cackled. "Anyway, doesn't that sound similar to the necklaces? I mean, it might not have caused your switching, but it might have triggered it. Your souls are already vulnerable to each other's, a little push in the wrong direction plus spiritual items would result in your souls going astray if you ask me."

That seems... plausible, unfortunately. "So the necklaces are the cause? What do we do?"

"Try doing what you did before... But it could be harder now since he, um... you know..."