Chapter 25

Day 7 - "How long could we keep this up?"

"That was fun," Miryeong sighed with contentment as we both sat opposite each other, eating hamburgers. "I think I really needed this, just playing bowling and hanging out... Work was really tiring me out lately."

"I'm glad," I whispered, smiling softly.

She returned it before looking around the place in deep thought. "Do you remember the first time we met?"

I nearly choked on a pickle. Is this an interrogation? Because I will fail miserably!

Forcing a laugh, I let my eyes wander around the room hopelessly. "Of course! How could I not?"

I have no idea...

She chuckled while watching a couple play together, reminiscing the past. "When I first saw you in that bowling center, looking so cool but adorable at the same time when you did a strike, I knew I was in trouble... Your doe eyes that held so much childlike innocence and your bunny smile that was the loveliest thing I'd ever seen were just my demise."

Her gaze fell to the floor. "Falling in love with you wasn't hard... Making you fall for me was."

My heart ached as her expression turned sorrowful.

"You were already a broken man when I first met you and I wanted to be your bandage, or at least your painkiller so bad. When you first came to me, challenging me to a game, I couldn't make myself believe that it was real. Your confession was even more unbelievable... When you told me that you could only take me out on a date two or three times a month, I was fine with it. I was actually happy..."

My throat was burning as I listened to her letting out her feelings. My appetite was long gone and I just gripped the burger tighter as I felt guilt eating me up more and more each second.

"But I was just so blinded by my love for you that I couldn't realize the distance you still put between us," she said, her voice sounding shakier than before. "No matter how much I try to deny it, that distance never lessened... It only increased... So I want you to tell me as my boyfriend, is there anything that's bothering you? I want to help you heal, Kookie."

Suddenly, I couldn't speak.

I couldn't roll any word off my tongue when I could've just said something that could put her mind at ease.

But, somehow, I couldn't tell a lie.

After staring at me for a moment, she nodded her head, looking away. "I guess I butted in when I shouldn't have... I'm sorry for getting ahead of myself. If you don't want to tell me, it's fine. I understand that it's a very private matter."

I panicked when I noticed her teary eyes. This was what I wanted to avoid all along. And it was destroying me inside that I made her like this.

"Miryeong... I'm not ready to tell you everything that's bothering me... But I can tell you that I'm working on them, so please don't worry about it," I tried to put it the best way possible, holding her chin to turn her gaze to me before giving her a soft smile. "Know that I care for you."

She returned it but with a hint of pain in her eyes. "And I for you, Kookie."

My heart jumped to my throat when she slowly leaned closer with her gaze fixed on my lips, but luckily, my phone rang, causing her to stop and pull back with a chuckle.

"Take it. I bet your managers are angry that you're taking so long for your break."

"I'm sorry, Miryeong," I said, grabbing my phone and standing up. "I'll meet you tomorrow?"

"You're busy and I don't want to pressure you," she said, propping her chin with her elbow on the table. "We can meet whenever you're free."

I nodded and dashed out of the bowling center, heading back to work.

💫💫💫

Jungkook's POV

The pain actually subsided compared to the first day, and I was in a great mood, watching anime and eating ice cream in bed after a long day of work.

Maybe I could get used to this.

I didn't realize how the time flew after finishing two whole seasons. When I checked the time, it was already past 1 am, and I started worrying about Y/N.

As soon as I dialed her phone, the main door opened and the sounds of footsteps echoed throughout the hallway outside my room.

I jumped off the bed and walked to the hallway to find Y/N dragging her feet towards her bedroom, her eyes barely open. Without a word, I wrapped her arm around my shoulder and helped her get there.

"How was work?" I whispered, hoping that I didn't make her mad.

"Yeah, it was alright," she mumbled almost incoherently before taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly.

As soon as we reached the bed, she took off her shirt and pants and practically fell on top of it, almost naked.

After turning on the lamp, I whispered, "Are you okay?"

She gave me an 'okay' sign with her hand and laid there in silence until small snores began leaving her. She was knocked out in seconds.

Just how hard is she working?

I pulled the covers over her, tucking her in before placing a kiss on her forehead and brushing her damp hair. Her expression turned peaceful the more I caressed her head, so I sat on the bed beside her to do that for as long as I could.

"Thank you for working so hard for me," I whispered, my eyes darting all over my own face that oddly made my heartbeat quicken its pace. "I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you... How did you walk into my life that one faithful day? Was it actually fate that we found each other?"

A soft snort left me when I remembered. "Or was it your aunt that made us meet?"

I flinched when something beeped inside her or rather, my pants on the floor and I took out the phone to find a new message from Miryeong.

Does Y/N always see this name when she messages her?

My love ❤️: Thank you for meeting me even when you were busy today... Did you get scolded?

My eyebrows jumped and I glanced at Y/N. She met her among all those schedules? Why?

Is she still trying so hard to keep my relationship intact? Why does she keep doing this to herself...? For me...?

My heart weeped inside my chest for what she was doing for me in spite of her own feelings. It was no secret that Y/N and I both loved each other...

But how long could we keep this up, hiding our feelings and never coming to terms with our problems?

___________________________
A/N: Another update 🤪

Guess what? I was clowning Jungkook for having period but my own started just now wtf. I feel like dying gdi

Thank you for reading this chapter and please don't forget to vote to show your support, lovelies 💐