Chapter 16

Day 3 Part 3 - "I just want him to be happy"

[Summary of the previous chapter: You were washing each other because it's your own body but then it suddenly escalated into something fiery. But you didn't want to give in to the sudden, whimsical feeling and stopped it, saying it's not right and didn't want to make everything harder than it already was. He felt hurt when you said that you didn't want it and just wanted your life back and wanted to leave him alone.]

After I finished changing, I walked out to the hallway with a bag in my hand.

When I looked around, I spotted Jungkook sitting on the living room couch in silence, his eyes were empty as they stared blankly in the distance.

"Are you okay?" I asked warily while walking towards him.

He didn't look at me nor blinked. He just gave me a single nod and stayed silent.

He didn't seem fine, but I couldn't push further. Especially after what I said in the bathroom. He seemed to take it heavily but what can I do? Our main goal was to get our lives back so that's exactly what we should be doing.

Stuff like feelings would only become a hindrance.

"You're not coming with me? What are you doing today?"

He finally blinked and sighed softly. "You go on without me. I just need to gather my mind and prepare myself for work tomorrow."

I simply nodded and let him do whatever he wanted.

"I'm leaving!" I yelled and walked out the door.

"Be safe! And don't work too hard!" He exclaimed back and a small smile unknowingly appeared on my lips.

Getting in his car, I drove to his workplace and entered the building with much anxiety. I just hoped that I could execute the choreography better now.

"Good morning, sunbaenim!"

I grinned when Soobin bowed while passing by and waved at him. "Good morning."

Being called sunbaenim by him was somehow energizing. Was this Jungkook's cute little ego being pumped up?

I chuckled to myself and went inside the practice room where the members were already practicing on their own. Except Hoseok who was eating chicken at the back.

My stomach growled and I remembered that I didn't have breakfast.

What does Jungkook's rich ass do in a situation like this?

I walked up to him. "Hyung, feed me some please." I pouted. "I forgot breakfast this morning."

With no words, he immediately brought up a piece of meat to my mouth and I happily chomped it down. But obviously, it wasn't enough.

"Thanks, hyung. Where did you buy it?"

"Sexy, right?" He made a pleased sound while showing off the chicken, making me giggle, scrunching my nose. "Ordered it from 'Infires' restaurant."