Chapter 8

Day 1 Part 3 - "You even forgot my name?"

Jungkook's POV

I stood there with my eyes fixed on the door, unable to forget the way she looked at me. So broken, so fragile, hurt by my actions and words more than I had ever imagined.

I never intended for this to happen.

I never realized the consequences of my actions, only thought of myself and my own misery. Seeing how she took them, I damned myself for doing everything I did.

I felt all kinds of emotions as I stood there with my heart crumbling down into useless little pieces.

Mad at myself for throwing unnecessary words because of my anger, regret for doing something she would cry over, and sadness for everything that's happening to us.

I felt hurt at how she just came and said that she wanted to have nothing to do with me, that we should leave each other for good.

She didn't realize how much she meant to me, how much I still loved her and how blissful I felt after having her back in my life again. I wished she knew just how much I cherish her.

That was why I cried almost every night after she left me without a word years ago, wondering if I did anything wrong, and then finally decided to let her go three months ago and find someone else to fill the hole she left in my heart, thinking that was what she wanted.

What I didn't expect was for her to come back and get hurt by my actions.

My eyes were puffed and eyelids were heavy... She cried all night after our fight yesterday just like me. My heart clenched. I was beyond disgusted at myself for making her cry.

I wanted to hug her and tell her that all I ever wanted was her, but she wouldn't let me go near her now, would she? After all, she thought that I betrayed her and no longer wanted her.

My eyes trailed down to the necklace I was wearing.

Scoffing in disappointment, I took it in my hands, gazing at the lone swan.

If only she knew why I gifted her with this necklace...

I snapped out of my daze when I remembered that Y/N had work at Paradise travel agency. I should be going to her work, too.

Forcing my legs to move, I trudged back into her bedroom to change. When I searched her wardrobe, I found the baby blue colored suit that I bought her. Taking it out, I put it on her bed before heading to the bathroom to wash up.

Every time I took a glimpse of her face in the mirror, my heart ached and I couldn't even bring myself to face her. I had no rights to do such a thing.

After finishing my preparation, I came back to her room and proceeded to wear her clothes after shrugging off my pajamas. Honestly, wearing a bra never felt so awkward.

I was ashamed of the fluttering feelings that filled my stomach whenever cold air or my fingers brushed my bare skin. The beating of my heart accelerating for the fact that I was, in fact, undressing her was disgraceful.