Chapter 5

The day of the conflict

"Y/N, your phone has been buzzing all day, is there anything wrong?"

I lifted my head up to look at Jina with wide eyes. "Oh- Uh- It's nothing. It's just uh, notifications from an app."

"What kind of an app sends notifications every hour?" She walked away with a mug of coffee in her hands.

A jungle book app...

"Some useless app," I sighed and turned off my phone. "I'm deleting it now."

"By the way, guys," she exclaimed. "Who hasn't given out their money for the trip?"

"Me!"

"Awe, I don't want to go though!"

"I'm not going."

Jina clicked her tongue at the whines and disappointed grumbles of her colleagues and exclaimed, "Seriously... Y'all wet sausages need to learn to loosen up and enjoy life. I'm not taking a no from any jamless party pooper" causing almost everyone to groan.

"Trip?" I peeked over to her, questioning.

"Oh, it's your first time, right?" She chimed, beaming. "Our department employees go camping, but not really, to the mountains this time around every year. We just find a resort and play sports and stuff, so it's nothing extreme."

I nodded. "I can just stay indoors, right? I actually don't play sports that much..."

She narrowed her eyes at me as I gulped, but then sighed and dismissed me, saying, "Sure, if that's how you roll. You're new, so we should go easy on you."

"Thank you," I giggled. "So when is it?"

"Oh, it's during this weekend. Two days and one night."

I groaned internally. My sweet, sweet relaxation time at home is gone then...

Hecking heck...

"Okay," I mumbled before continuing my work on my computer.

I glanced at my phone and shook my head.

Let's just leave it that way.

💫💫💫

"Bye guys," I exclaimed, receiving goodbyes in return, and walked out of the building to the bus stop.

I brought out my phone and remembered that I turned it off.

Feeling anxious about seeing Jungkook's messages, I turned it on with a heavy sigh.

My eyes bulged out, seeing the screen.

109 missed calls
42 messages
276 notifications

Most of them were from that... dude and I was speechless.

Jungkook: Y/N, please talk to me

Jungkook: I'm sorry for not telling you

Jungkook: I can explain, please just take your phone

Jungkook: You should listen to what I have to say

Jungkook: Y/N, are you busy right now?

Jungkook: I will wait until you're done with work, so please