Chapter 12

Day 2 Part 2 - "We should hangout sometime"

"Y/N!"

My chest filled with giddy butterflies when the boys cheered for me as we entered the practice room, but my expression dropped when they ran up to Jungkook who was in my body.

Oh...

"Y/N! You came here to watch us?"

The boy blinked repeatedly, a quivering smile on his lips as he stammered, "A-Ah, yes! J-Jungkook invited me."

"Jungkook?"

I froze when a girl called out his name. Not just any girl... It was his freaking girlfriend!

My heart hammered in my chest as I turned to see Miryeong walking up to me with a questioning frown.

What the actual f-

What is she doing here?!

"M-Miryeong," I exclaimed in surprise, forcing a smile while holding my arms out for a hug. "What a nice surprise to see you here!"

"I would say the same, but unfortunately, I can't," she drawled with a low, monotonous voice, throwing daggers at me through her eyes before turning her gaze to Jungkook, eyeing him from head to toe, scanning every detail, and I was the one getting nervous since she was basically inspecting me. "What happened to meeting your relatives?"

I swallowed thickly.

I should have told her that I would practice instead, flipping heck!

"I, uh," I stammered, scratching my nape, "I had practice so the meeting was c-cut short."

"Mhmm." Her eyes were on me, but she would take glimpses of Jungkook from time to time.

The boys all scattered around the room, continuing what they were doing to avoid the weird tension between the three of us. The funny thing was, Hobi fixed his shirt for the umpteenth time in front of the mirror while glancing at us every now and then.

"This is my, uh, friend, Y/N." I gestured to Jungkook, keeping my every word and body language in check, hoping that I don't spark some hostility in her.

"They've been friends since they were small, Miryeong," Taehyung exclaimed from where he was sitting, a few feet away from us.

The dark haired girl's eyes suddenly lit up as her expression shifted to an astonished one. "She's the one you've been talking about?"

The one I what now?

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Hm?"

"Oh my, it's nice to meet you," she gushed, turning to Jungkook with a huge smile before holding her hands. "Jungkook has been talking so much about you! I heard you were overseas, when did you come to Korea?"

He talked about me? What did he tell her?

"Oh, really?" Jungkook acted surprised and smiled sheepishly at her. "I just recently arrived here a few days ago. And you are?"