Fifty-seven - Cruel Reality💔😭

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

Songs I listened to:

Sign of the times - Harry Styles

Breathe me - Sia

Human - Christina Perri

Hurricane - Fleurie

Lovely - Billie Eilish, Khalid

So cold - Ben Cocks

Ashley's POV

Alexis opened the room door and walked in, Zack and I followed close behind.

"Maybe I'll just wait out here" He says and I nod, knowing my mom and Zack doesn't have a good history.

"Mom, Ashley is here to see you" Alexis tells her, sitting next to her bed.

I close the door behind me, before walking closer to my mother.

She turns to look at me. She doesn't look like her usual self. Her eyes are red and swollen and has dark circles under them, as well as her eyes hold a look of emptiness.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, her voice creaking.

"I came to make sure that you're alright, I heard what happened" I say and she looks at the ceiling. "I'm sorry"

"You should be. I warned you about him" She said, looking at me.

"Who? Zack?" I ask. "It's not his fault, it was Marcus and Frank's plan" I explained.

"Don't defend him. He's one of them, he's in a gang and your father too" She exclaimed and I stayed quiet.

"You knew" Her eyes widen and I look away.

"What? Gangs?" Alexis asks confused.

"Alexis, can you give Ashley and I a minute" She said, not looking away from me.

"You moved out, and went to live with the man who chose his wife and kids over you and avoided me" She snaps, as soon as Alexis leaves the room. "And now I find out that he and his sons are in a gang! And he's the leader!" She raises her voice.

"And on top of that your boyfriend is also in a gang! And his father is the leader!" she continues. "How could you be so stupid!"

"I wanted a better life for you" Her voice creaks and I stand there silent.

What should I say?

She's right, I am stupid.

"You wanted a better life for me? Really" I gasp sarcastically.

"You're right, I'm lying. I could care less about you" She admits and it wasn't something I thought she would actually say to me. Ever.

"I should've never had you" She said and my eyes widen, as her words sink in.

"I should've never had you" Her words repeat over and over again in my head.

The door opens and Phoenix walks in, closing the door behind him.

"Get out!" She shouts at him.

"Karen, she's not to blame for this" He said.

"You're right. You are. It's your fault that I'm here, you ruined my life!" She practically screams at him.

"This baby was supposed to be my new start, my new beginning. But you and your ungrateful daughter had to ruin it" She booms.

"Don't say anything about Ashley, she is your daughter Karen." He defends me as I stay speechless.