Eighty-three - wrong choice

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

Driving to the new destination, I kept stealing glances at Josh who was shaking and shuddering as he held his bleeding arm to his chest with his injured hand. The blindfold was replaced with a bag over his head and it was making it harder for him to breathe.

I sighed quietly and looked out the window. Josh would be fine. He'd been shot before and survived... this was no big deal, I told myself. I'm sure Phoenix knew how to give a lethal cut and he wouldn't have been silly enough to do that if The Rebels had Asher. I chose to tell myself I could face seeing Zack again for the third time today.

Stepping out into the cold again, my stomach turned as I wondered what condition we would find Asher in. We walked in silence, none of us carrying a single weapon and feeling slightly vulnerable. Hoping The Rebels had stayed true to their word.

We met in another secluded alley in East side and on arrival I saw that they had Asher's hands tied behind his back with duck tape.

Asher looked wrecked, almost as if he was about to keel over, either from pain or fatigue. He had a swollen, busted lip and a swollen eye. He was clearly beaten. Zack held him straight, every time he tipped to the side.

"Untie Josh and I'll untie your precious son" Zack said as he held Asher in front of him.

"Fine" Phoenix says.

He walks to where Josh, Axel and I stood. He gave Axel orders to untie Josh but then he turns to me when nobody is looking. He pushes a gun into my small throw over bag and I gasp.

He paused. "I want him dead"

My eyes widen and my breathing heavies. My reaction causes him to shake his head. He walks closer to me as he brings his head to my ears. "And You're going to be the one to do it" He whispers.

"How I wouldn't be able to get close to him anyway" I state trying to think of excuses.

"Why do you think you're here? Of course you will" He continued.

I tug at Phoenix's jersey. "Don't do this please" I beg.

"He did this to himself" He sighed looking around. "Do this Orr.. I can't have a traitor in my family" My eyes snap to look at him. "Either way Zack dies.

My heart pounding is all I could hear. I barely noticed Phoenix nods to Axel and Axel begins untying Josh. He had to unwind the tape from Josh's wrists the long way, confirming that we weren't carrying any weapons. The Rebels did the same and I breathe out in relief. Hopefully I won't get close to Zack.

"I want Ashley to bring Josh" Zack suddenly says. My eyes widen at the sound of my name.

"You can't" Axel said through gritted.

"Alright" Phoenix says to Zack, completely ignoring Axel. Phoenix gives me a subtle nod and I swallow hard.

Asher begins walking to our side whilst as I walk with Josh over to his. Josh gives me a frown but doesn't say anything. When we reach half way, I hesitated and they noticed. I continue on and I try not to be suspicious.

I can't do this. I won't kill him. My eyes meet with Zack's and almost as if he could read my mind, he knew. Realizing with dread that I'd been caught. "She has a weapon" Is all he said.

The Thorns raced to grab me before the Rebels could and both sides started to fight. It was fist on flesh, like Phoenix had wanted, and I was caught in the middle of it.

The bag was kicked and I saw the gun glide around the ground. I try crawling towards but saw a hand pick it up. At some point, I felt myself being seized by no one else but Zack.