Chapter Forty-nine - I've made up my mind😔

Vote, Comment and Share ❤️

It's day ten and I'm at the mall with Kaitlyn and Brianna.

"Do they have to follow us everywhere?" Brianna asks looking annoyed, referring to the 3 boys Phoenix sent to protect me.

"It's for her safety" Kaitlyn says.

We finish shopping and walked to the car getting in.

Kaitlyn turns on the radio and I stare out the window.

"Ashley, we need to talk after I drop Brianna" She said and I nod.

"Why can't I stay?" Brianna asks, a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"Because... I only want Ashley to know" Kaitlyn rolls her eyes.

Kaitlyn drives pass Zack's house and I bite my lip to stop the tears from escaping.

She parks in front of Brianna's house and Brianna comes out. Kaitlyn turns off the engine and I stare at her confused.

"I don't know how to say this with everything that has happened" She says her voice creaking. "I-I I'm pregnant" She says and my eyes widen.

Kaitlyn starts crying and I let her words sink in.

She's pregnant. Pregnant?

"I-is Harris the father?" I stutter.

"Yes" She breathes out, her body shaking. "You're the only person I told" She said looking at me.

"You can't tell anyone. Not even Brianna" She says and I nod. "Promise me"

"I promise" I said and she let's out a deep breath.

Brianna knocks on the window and Kaitlyn lowers it.

"I forgot my phone" Brianna said and Kaitlyn wiped her eyes before opening the back seat door.

Brianna picks up her phone and I could have sworn I saw that it was on or something but decide against.

After we see Brianna is inside, Kaitlyn turns to me once more.

"I know we weren't friends when you first came but I'm glad I know you now" She says and tears form in my eyes.

"My sister is lucky to have you as her best friend" She smiles. "You didn't deserve all the things that have happened to you Ashley"

"But maybe I deserve what has happened to me" She cries and covers her face with her hands. "I'm disgusted with myself" She admits and I shake my head as the tears fall.

"Don't ever, ever! Say that" I removed her hands from her face. "Accidents happen Kaitlyn, people make mistakes.

"It just shows that your human" I say and she nods.

"I just wished that Zack would believe that about you" She says and I sigh.

"I'll always be here for you, no matter what, just like you've been here for me" I say and pull her into a hug as she cries.

She's only 18. She has a whole life ahead of her. I know my problems are terrible but this is a baby, a human life.

I'll always support her, no matter what decision she makes.

I'll be here for her.

But who's going to be there for me?

********************
It's been two days since Kaitlyn told me she was pregnant and we haven't spoken since.

Its Monday morning and I wake up feeling exhausted.

I groan before turning off the alarm and coming off the bed. I look in the mirror to see bags under my eyes.