Chapter 34

Ezra pov:

I can't sleep.

I can't eat.

I can't function.

Not without her. I need her and I can't focus on anything else besides that.

I'm losing my mind and Zaire basically shut down at the loss of his mate. He can't feel Zaya's wolf and neither can I.

I don't think I'm far from shutting down myself.

I know Lycans are supposed to be immortal but what if they're not? The fact that I can't feel her wolf makes me extra doubtful. I don't know everything about them, what if there's a way to kill them?

Can other Lycans kill Lycans?

The thought alone made an involuntary whine escape me and the last bit of my heart crumble even more.

"Oi! Ezra, buddy, focus!" I see Noah snapping his fingers in front of me where he draws my attention back to the map of all the pack territories.

He turns his attention back to the map and my eyes follow his hand movements, making me shift closer to the map for a better look.

"So we were here when she disappeared, and we lost her scent over here. Our pack territory is here to here." He circles the whole area and makes crosses with a pencil, he looks at me to make sure I'm still focused on him.

"She can only get out of the territory by plane or boat or she's still in the territory." I say, slowly feeling some emotion coming back as we work.

"Exactly." Noah says turning back to the map. "There's no trace of her or Barry in the territory but we did catch his scent furher in the same direction as Zaya's which means he's with her or part of her disappearance."

A growl escapes me at the thought of the latter and a part of me already knows the answers. "I can still feel Barry but the connection is weaker, like he switched packs."

"I knew it." Noah growls. "We have wolves at every airport all over the world and every possible place a ship can go. I had two reports of planes landing with wolves in the time period over here." He shows it with a pencil on the map. "A few more boat reports have been made but they were in this area. I also contacted other packs down South and West but nothing. No wolves match the descriptions and no rogues have been giving trouble. They're also on the look out."

I listen to Noah, hope filling me with every word as I catch the drift on what he's saying.

"Which means she's in one of the territories up North or East." He circles both areas and the boundaries of each territory. 8 Territories in total have been circled.

"Send scouts out to each one of these territories and let them report back."

Noah nods and then his eyes glaze over, already giving the orders out.

I'm coming Zaya.

"Done" Noah says. "They'll head out in an hour and most likely reach the territories tonight or early tomorrow morning."

"This is why you're my Beta, thanks."

"For what? I learned this from you, remember? Besides you'd do the same if it was Ruby." He stands and we both give each other a bro-hug. "Hang in there we'll find her."

"I know, because I don't know what I'm going to do if I don't." I shake my head quickly ridding myself of that thought. "Speaking of, how's Ruby doing?"

"Baby's due any day now and I'm completely terrified to be honest." Noah nervously laughs at the end.

"You'll be a great father, don't worry."