Chapter 19

Ezra p.o.v

"She's your mate."

I stood frozen a moment like 'duh I know she is' but then his accusing tone registers. I didn't tell them about my mate. Shit, Lexi is the only one that knows (and the guards that were there on the day). I looked between my mate and the doctor. I didn't dare look at Noah because I knew what I would see. He'd be angry at me. I already felt his glare on me. I heard footsteps and then the next minute a hard fist connects with my jaw. I stood a moment and brought my hand to my face, testing my jaw. I looked at Noah and saw him shaking out his hand.

"Okay I deserved that." I say still testing my jaw.

Noah lets his arm drop to his side and sends me death glares. "What the hell man?! How could you not tell me that you found your mate? I could have killed her for Goddess' sake!" He yells at me.

"I know that it was a stupid and reckless move but -"

"If she didn't pass out I would've attacked her, no one knew who she was. Ezra we don't keep secrets, since we were in diapers. I tell you and you tell me, what happened to that?" I can hear that he was hurt by me not telling him. He might sound like a baby now, I know, but trust and loyalty are very important to us. Very.

"I know." I wanted to say more but I was interrupted.

"I'm very sorry to interrupt whatever this is, but we still have an unconscious girl lying on the bed two feet away. You can sort this out later." The doctor says as he steps between us towards my mate again.

Noah sighs. "He's right." He says flatly and steps back towards the wall. I can still feel his hard glares on me as I turn my attention back to my mate.

"What do you want me to do with her Alpha?" The doctor asks as he waits for my response.

I stare blankly at him making sure that it's a serious question. "Fix her." Obviously. I can't believe the doctor asked such a dumb question to me.

The doctor face palms himself, then takes a deep breath and looks at me again. "I know that. I meant do you want me to make her shift or what do you suggest we do?"

I stand there like an idiot, my mouth forming an 'oh'. Noah is stiffling laughs in the corner of the room and I send him a glare which leads to full out laughing.

Doctor Grey sighed an leaned against the bed, waiting for us to be serious. No wait, not 'us' only Noah. Noah calms down and mumbles a quick sorry and then he let's the doctor continue doing what he has to.

"A forced shift is risky but it's the easiest option, right?" I ask.

The doctor nodded. "It's easy to force a shift but her wolf can get more damage. On the other hand, you're here and you're her mate which can give her wolf more strength."

"So you want me to stay with her when you do a forced shift?" I ask, just to make sure I know what he wants.

"I'm going to go check on my mate." Noah pipes in and I know that he wants to be out of here before we begin. He hurries out of the room. Forced shifts are usually not pretty.

I looked back at Dr Grey and he went to go get the serum for a forced shift. I bend down next to my mate and take her uninjured paw into my hand, rubbing it soothingly. She looks so beautiful and I hate to know that she's in pain. I gently rub her head too, the sparks from the mate bond tingling in my hands.

"Are you ready?" Dr Grey asks.

I nod my head, not taking my eyes off of my mate. I have to fight my wolf's growls and instincts to fight off any male that wants to touch my mate, knowing that the doctor only wants to help.