Chapter 5

*Warning: Violence in this chapter*

We were all getting ready for my party that's in 2 hours. I still can't shake this bad feeling that I have.

"Zaya you need to get dressed so I can do your hair and makeup. "

"Do I have to wear the dress Mia or can I wear a jean and shirt?"

She looks at me as if my hair magically went from black to pink. "Is that seriously a question?"

"Fine but I am going to wear my boots under my dress and not those death traps. "

She's about to protest when I cut her off. "I'm wearing the dress, do not push it. "

She looks hesitant but finally agrees. I take the dress that she gave to me this morning and headed to the bathroom for a shower.

I got back to the room with the dress on and my boots underneath. At least it was a floor length dress so the boots were covered. Mia did my makeup. Nothing heavy, just a natural look. She put a few natural looking curls in my hair and let it drape over my back. I looked good , I must admit.

"Mia, you are a miracle worker."

"Oh I know honey."

"Are we all ready then?"

I look around the room and see that everyone is all dressed and ready. We head downstairs, the party is in the front of the pack house and I can already hear all the pack members chatting.

We head to the front and everyone wishes me a happy birthday. It was a good party, the food was great as well.

"You look beautiful." I hear Caleb say to Layla when he greets her and plants a kiss on her head.

She blushes and looks down at the floor, mumbling a quiet thank you. He turns towards me and wishes me happy birthday. He drops his voice a bit and I can see his eyes fill with curiosity.

"So, have you found him yet?" He asks.

I look around, slowly shaking my head. "No, nothing gives away that he is close. No smell nor pull and definitely no nagging wolf."

His face falls a bit before he smiles again. "Don't worry, some pack members don't come to these parties. I'm sure he is here somewhere."

"I guess you're right."

"Hey do you wanna go for a run? A bit of fresh air maybe?"

"I was just thinking the same thing, this party his so boring."

"Back at you. And please change into something more comfortable."

"You just read my mind again sister."

"I'm gonna go for a run, if anyone asks."

"Sure, enjoy." Caleb goes back to his conversation with his mate and doesn't spare me another glance. Neither does she.

I go back inside the house and quickly run upstairs to my room. I throw off the dress and change into my usual attire: jeans and a shirt.

I slip out the back and head into the forest. Strip my clothes and shift. The sound of bones cracking and realigning fill the silence. In a few seconds my wolf form stands in my place. We sprint off into the woods. I give her more control than what I usually do but I don't give her full control.

"Thanks for doing this for me Zaya."

"No problem Vera. I can tell you needed it. Something is bugging you today and I'm certain that this run will help."