Chapter 2

School finally finished and I'm on my way home. Yes I am walking, alone. Why? Because I'm about to unblock my wolf and get a looooong speech.

Taking a deep breath I allow her to enter my head once again.

"Hey, what gives Zaya?"

"I'm sorry, you know it's a habit. "

"I've been nothing but helpful and this is how I get treated? It's a suckish habit by the way."

"I know, from tomorrow on I'll try to break the habit. We have border patrol with dad in a few minutes."

"Oh, how fun. At least I'll be let out so that's fine."

"Just don't get us into trouble like last time."

"That was one time!" I feel her pouting in the back of my mind and I chuckle to myself.

We arrive at home sooner than I wanted. I walked into the pack house, seeing Zack play xbox.

"Don't you have pack stuff to do?"

He doesn't take his eyes off of the game. "Zaya, don't you have to be at border patrol?"

"You're avoiding my question, but not yet. I'm meeting my dad and the Alpha here before we go. You know for an Alpha's son, you're pretty lazy."

He puts the remote down and growls at me. "Don't call me lazy."

I was about to say something when the study door clicked open and my dad, along with the Alpha came walking out.

I bowed my head slightly in respect at him "Alpha."

"Good afternoon Zaya." His deep and powerful voice filled the house. His body language told you that he demanded respect. He was a good Alpha, kind to his pack but gave punishment where punishment was needed.

"I wanted to see you off before you go. I hope we don't have a repeat of last time."

He looks at me sternly and I hear Zack snickering in the background. His father turns to him. "You're next." Zack visibly gulps before he nods and heads into the study to do his work.

Which reminds me, I have a rogue assignment to do. I'll do that tonight.

"Remind me to do that later."

"Jeez I'm not even back for 2 hours and you're already bossing me around."

"Stop pouting Vera, you know I love you."

"Earth to Zaya. Are you listening?" My dad looks at me funny before shaking his head. "Should I repeat what I said?"

I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. I look down at the ground and nod my head slowly. "Yes, please."

"Alright. We'll try to cover the whole border today but it's a big territory so we might not make it. After that I'll train you in various areas and then you can do as you please"

"Sounds good."

We walk to the trees outside of the pack house. Each of us goes behind a tree, strip off our clothes and shift into our wolves.

Dad stands in the clearing, now his black wolf. My wolf is black with whith white around the chest and stomach area. Amber is a white wolf and so is mom. I guess I have both of them.

Dad gave the signal and we headed towards the south side of the border. Dad was fast but he was older and heavier, which made me faster. We kept racing and reached the border in a few minutes.