☺12☺ You'll never walk alone

Hisui knew how much this match meant for the third years, especially Kasamatsu Yukio. To Kasamatsu, this match was supposed to be the bridge for him to surpass the him from a year ago. Only winning the Interhigh can prove his worth and existence as the captain of the team. 

The match was over. Touou was the victor...

Hisui surpressed her tears; she doesn't like seeing people cry. The moment she saw Kise's tears, it made her cry as well. She will never play alongside them but seeing the team lose made her upset too.

"Senpai..." Hisui looked at Kasamatsu's back as they headed back to the locker room of the Interhigh stadium, the back that carried not only the number 4 but also the whole team. Even though Kasamatsu had every rights to cry here and there, he surpressed himself in order to bring the team ready for the Winter Cup. 

Moriyama pat Hisui's head, silently telling her things will be okay after a while. Hisui looked at the shooting guard with a concerned look; there's no way they could be alright; they trained so hard just to get here... She watched them train and felt their passion for the sport each day. To see such passionate individuals lose the game against an ace that couldn't care less for basketball made her feel sympathy for them. The loss felt very heavy for them because everybody knew how much this match meant for their captain... 

Hisui decided to wait outside for the boys to finish getting dressed to leave. She sat on the same bench where she overheard Kise's and Kasamatsu's conversation about winning the Interhigh. She truly believed they will win today, she's very worried about the captain. 

"Toyohira-chan..." Moriyama Yoshitaka was the first to leave the locker room. He wandered around to find Hisui, wanting to tell her something important. 

"Moriyama-senpai." She smiled at him, "Senpai, you've done well." 

"Thanks... Just not well enough to win." Moriyama looked down for a moment but he looked back up again to look into her eyes. "Can you do me a favor? Can you stay behind a little later for Kasamatsu?" 

"Eh?" Hisui was a little confused about Moriyama's words; wouldn't he rather tell her to comfort him or something? 

"Kasamatsu may not look like it but I think he can use some cheering up. He doesn't show it but he needs it more than any of us. Do your best to make him smile again, okay?" 

"I-I guess..." 

"You feel bad for us?" 

Hisui heard his words and said nothing. As the manager, the last thing the team needed were words of pity.

"Don't worry about us. We will just pick ourselves back up from where we fell. Isn't that the way we do things?" Moriyama said to her.

"Yeah..." 

"We have camp over the summer holiday. I look forward to see you and the whole team. 

"Sure! I'll wear the sexiest bikini for you guys!" 

"You should!" There was something wrong with the last of their conversation but neither of them pointed it out because they were equally stupid. 

"Oh, now that I think about it... Your birthday is tomorrow, right? July 29th..." 

"Senpai, you remember my birthday! Yay!" 

"Haha, of course. You've told us during your introduction. Did you know? Our captain is turning 18 this year."