Chapter 34: Power

"Are they going to be all right?"

"Yes, sir. Both of them aren't in any critical condition, I think it's best to let them stay here for a few weeks to rest and heal."

"I see, thank you doc."

"I'm going to leave you two for now."

The doctor exits the room and closes the door. The blond man sat down on a chair with his wife behind him, rubbing his back.

"I can't believe this has to happen." The man sighed.

"I know how you feel, dear. But at least look on the bright side, the kids are still alive." His wife said.

"We've already lost my brother and his wife, now our parents and almost our son and niece. It's like our family is being cursed by bad luck." He then placed his hands on his face.

"They might not like the news about this, especially her." She stated in a sad tone.

"They will."

"By the way, I've noticed those two swords with them back in the village. Do you have any clue on where those came from?" His wife asked.

"I'm not sure, but we'll ask some people who might have a clue. Let's head back and get some rest." The man stood up from his seat and walk towards the door.

He opened the door and let his wife exit first before him. They walked their way out of the hospital and entered their vehicle that will send them to their home.

Inside the room, the young boy woke up from his sleep. Blinking a few times, he looks around to see himself being in another room. Then his eyes moved to himself, realizing that he is bandaged up. He then gaze to his left side and saw a small girl also bandaged as him, laying on the bed unconscious. He tried to remember what happened before they appear here, but sadly, his memories are vague.

He then tried to sit up but the pain stopped him to do so, so he remained to lay down on his bed. He raised his right bandaged arm, looking at it, he then noticed something gleaming at the direction where he is looking at. Looking further, he saw two swords leaning against the wall. Staring at it, he began to feel some sort of bond between the two of them.

As he wondered why is he feeling that, a groan came out of the girl's mout. He looks at her to see her finally awake.

"Hey..." He weakly called out for her.

The girl then tried tilt her head but it suddenly ached badly. She holds her head with her right free hand and winced. After she recovered, she let out a cough.

"What happened?" The girl questioned.

"I don't know as well, but we're in a hospital." He said.

"How did we get here?" She asked.

"I don't know that too." He said.

"My head hurts. I wish grandma can kiss me on the forehead to make the pain go away." She said.

"Where are they anyway?" He questioned.

"I don't know, but I hope they're okay. I can't really remember what happened back in the village." She said then later, she coughed.

"We should get some sleep again. We don't wanna feel any pain after all." The boy said.

"Good idea." Is all she said before closing her eyes.

The boy closed his as well and about a few minutes later, they passed out. An hour later, the doctor enter inside the room to see them asleep. He then checked the each of them to see what their condition is before heading back out of the room.