Chapter 26: Days Before Dance

While making my way to my dorm. A person suddenly calls my name from behind. This made me look back to see a familiar rabbit faunus.

"Hey Y/N!" Velvet calls for me waving while jogging towards me.

I stopped walking and turned around. She stopped in front of me and lightly pants, I gave her a raised brow as she looks at me with a nervous smile.

"Is there something you need from me, Vel?" I questioned.

"Well, I was wondering if you're free today. I want you to go out with me to buy a dress for the dance." She said pressing her index fingers together.

"Me? But why not Coco? She is better at picking a dress for you." I said.

"I want you to give an opinion on the dress I'll be wearing, that's why. I know it sounds odd, but can you please come with me?" She begs.

I began thinking, not wanting to make her upset, I lightly pat her head then smile.

"Sure, come on." I said.

"Awesome! Let's go." She happily stated and the two of us got out of the school and to the courtyard then got on the bullhead.

As the bullhead started to take off, me and Velvet were having a nice conversation. I realized that spending time with her was not so bad, I guess I can have someone to talk with during I'm alone. We soon arrive in a town in Vale, the ramp went down and the two of us got down and out of the airship. We walk down a few blocks until we finally arrived at a mall. Entering inside, I could see a lot of people walking around and entering various stores. I gulped, remembering that time when mom bought me the wrong outfit. Velvet grabs my wrist and began to drag me around. We later stand at the store where we need to go.

"Let's check the dresses here, if none is good enough then we move to the next one." She said looking at me.

"Right." Is all I said.

We got inside, multiple dresses and gowns were everywhere. A woman then approaches us with a smile.

"Good morning, miss, mister. What kind of dress do you need?" She asked.

Velvet explained her the type of dress she likes to where, after hearing it she then told us to follow her and we did. We pass by a few aisles until we enter one, lots of nice dresses were neatly displayed. The woman stops making us stop as well, she grabs a magenta dress and showed it to us.

"How does this look?" She asked.

"Is there a changing room here?" Velvet asked.

"There is, it's just at the end. Do you want to try it?" She asked.

"Yes, please." Velvet answered.

The three of us went to the changing room and the woman gave the dress for her to try. She then left to do something else and Velvet got inside. After a few minutes, she comes out wearing the dress.

"So, how do I look?" She asked shyly.

"It looks good on you, but something's not right. I just can't point it out." I said with my index finger and thumb on my chin.

"I guess I'll try another one then." She said then got back inside.

She got out in her normal outfit, the two of us stroll around the store choosing a dress and her wearing it. Every dress she wore had a different opinion from me, then there's this dress that I said that really suits her. She circles around a bit, just by watching her elegantly turn, my jaw slowly drops. The dress is perfect for her, my thoughts were then interrupted by Velvet.

"Are you there?" She said with her hands on her sides.

"H-huh? Oh, uh yeah. Sorry I was just thinking." I said.

"So what do you think?" She asked.

"That dress looks perfect on you." I smiled.

"R-really?" Her rabbit ears were standing high.

"Yep, I think you should wear that for the dance." I said.

"Since you liked it, then I'm going to buy it!" She proudly said and got back in the changing room.

Velvet came out with the dress on her arm, the two of us made our way to the cashier. She paid the dress and the two of us then got out, I look around to see there are still a lot of people.

"We still have time before we go back, so wanna go buy ice cream? My treat by the way." I asked.

"That sounds nice." She said.

I took the bag from her and we both walk around until we reached an ice cream shop. We ordered two strawberry parfaits and sat on a vacant table. While waiting, we once again had a light conversation. Of course, there was this awkward moment where she found out that I currently have four girlfriends. The two of us just avoided that topic and talked about something else.

"I remember there was a performance contest in the dance, me and my team joined so we can use the prize for our necessities. Have you and your team joined as well?" Velvet ask.

"We discussed about this yesterday, but one of my team mates declined. But I think my cousin is going to convince him again later." I said.

"If you guys were to join, what kind of performance are you guys gonna perform?" She asked.

"We're not sure yet." I answered.

Our parfaits finally arrived, the two of us began to happily eat while talking. About fifteen or so minutes after, we finished eating and exit the mall going back to Beacon. It feels like this academy is my second home, I walk Velvet back to her dorm and there we stood in front of it.

"I look forward to you wearing that dress in the dance." I said to her.

"Yeah, thanks for going out with me. Well, see in the dance." She smiled.

She goes closer to me and kiss me on the cheek. This made me surprised and blush lightly, I look at Velvet to see her blushing as well. She soon got inside her dorm with the dress with her.

..........................

"Shhh! Be quiet, you might wake up the others. Anyway, I have a question for all of you." A familiar voice spoke in the middle of a dark room.

"What are you doing, Nixium?! Go to sleep!" Aster's voice was heard around the room.

"Shush you fungus! I still have to ask everyone about something." She said.

"Augh, I'm gonna go look for my memes." He then disappeared in the room.

"Okay, now that no one is gonna bother me, I'm about to ask you... You guys know that your lips in this story is still a virgin? Well, I'm giving you a chance to pick who do you want to kiss in the dance. The second most votes will be the next girl you'll kiss. I know this question is dumb but I do hope you give me your answer, we still have six girls left to be your girlfriend!!" She suddenly falls on the floor and began sleeping.

"Uh what?" Y/N was standing beside the sleeping Nixium completely dumbfounded.