Freak Show: Part 4

Start from the beginning

Even Tim is beginning to freak out. "Where's the safe zone?"

"Oh shit! These freakin' shoes!" i don't know who said that. Just as we reach the safe zone, the Guardian arrives. It's surprisingly agile for such a large creature, sprinting its way toward them like an out-of-control car.

 "Omigod." Oli's sobbing, rocking back and forth on the floor where he fell, hugging himself in a vain attempt to stop the flow of panic. 

"We need a plan, we need a plan, we need a plan!" 

"Everyone be quiet!" snaps a clearly annoyed Matt. He's pacing.

"We gotta figure this out!" Then, much to everyone's relief, the Guardian stops right in its tracks. It growls, attempting to break through whatever invisible force field is protecting the group, but all it can do is stare at them with its evil eyes.

"We're safe here," sighs Oli, blinking the tears off of his sweat-drenched face. "We're safe."

"For now."

Now, Sierras got a clown mask on her face, and she's going out to face the Guardian.

Yeah. She might as well kiss her life goodbye right now. No offense but god she's sobbing and can't put on her mask correctly cause she's crying so hard. On the bright side, Eva's got the other mask, so at least she's not alone...

"Go!" Joey's voice breaks through the silence. 

"You guys are good!" and they're off. 

"Okay." Joey's teeth chatter in the cold, turning to look at us. 

"Let's make a plan for when I go." he says.

"I'll distract him" Lele offers.

"You sure?" Tim frowns. 

"Cause you don't have to. I'll do it. I'm fast."

"So am I!" she defends.

Which is true. She is pretty fast, and she can pack a mean punch when she wants to. However those heels she's wearing don't look too comfortable. I'm about to speak up, but...

A gong goes off. Time's up.

"Oh, shoot!" shouts Joey. Lele grabs Tim's hand. 

"Let's go!" she shouts, attempting to yank him out of the safe zone. Tim, who's nowhere near ready to go yet, pulls his hand away.

"Hold on." Joey raises a trembling hand. "Not yet."

As Oli repeats "wait" over and over, Eva and Sierra reach the exchange circle. They stand there, masks still on their faces, as the Guardian patrols the area directly in front of the safe zone.

"Now!" I scream. Tim zooms out the safe zone. The Guardian, of course, goes for him, leaving Joey and Lele free to run to the exchange circle. Matt's about to follow them, but Oli holds him back, screaming 

"We don't want to send everyone out!" I grab Sierra's hand pulling her in as Eva jumps in running behind me. I turn to see the damage, and just when Tim's about to head back to the safe zone, he slips on some wet grass. Dammit. He scrambles to his feet, but it's too late. The Guardian is there, teeth bared, claws out, inches away from him. There's no way he's going to make it back in time.

"Tim!" Eva screams. The Guardian grabs Tim's coat sleeve. Sierra screams. Oli turns away. Matt turns my head, so i don't see the carnage, but i fight it. And then...Tim disappears? What? The Guardian's still there, looking even angrier than it did previously, but there's only a few fireflies where Timothy DeLaGhetto used to be.