N I N E : C O N T R O L

Start bij het begin

"Excellent job Kat!" he beams once again and there's a loud thud on the table across from us.

"This can't be real! You've got to have a switch or something under the table," Jax is freaking out in disbelief and bends over, looking for any hint of a switch under the table. We all laugh at his outburst.

I look over at Dante with his arms crossed in front of him. He must feel me staring at him because he flicks his eyes at me and smirks, showing off his dimples.

Feeling a tingling sensation in my lower belly that catches my breath, his words from earlier run through my mind and I can feel the warmth and wetness down below start accumulating. I'd give anything at this moment to have him take me to his bedroom.

I grab my bottom lip between my teeth and close my eyes, taking in a deep breath. When I open my eyes, Dante is walking towards me with hooded eyes, the lust evident.

Excitement registers through my body and I suddenly feel a different tingling sensation in my body and before I can react, every candle on the table lights up in a burst of flames. It makes everyone stop with shock and Mickey quickly distinguishes the flames.

"What the hell was that!?" Jax yells with a mixture of anger and concern. Nadine smirks at him and shakes her head. I've never noticed before now how she looks at him. Similar to the way I look at Dante when he's not aware.

"Sorry, I think that was me," I smile sheepishly and quickly turn around to hide my embarrassment. I feel arms wrap around my waist and Dante presses his lips against my neck gently.

"Well someone's in the mood aren't they?" Dante whispers in my ear before giving my lobe a teasing pull with his lips.

I feel the sensation through my veins again and quickly move away from his embrace, scared I'll catch the whole mansion on fire. He pouts and moves closer to me, trying to grab a hold of my hand.

"Dante, no!" I yell and he instantly steps back with a confused look on his face. I give him an apologetic look before I make my way out of the room, and down the flight of stairs, taking two steps at a time in haste.

I finally get to the bottom of the staircase and make my way down the hallway. Just as I'm approaching the front door Gabriella yells out my name with concern on her face. I ignore her and make my way outside.

Once outside, I start jogging until I get to the brook I remember passing with Jax earlier on our run. I follow it along going East until I come to a glistening pond.

I walk up to a short dock leading out into the pond and pace towards the end of it. I remove my shoes and socks and sit at the end of the dock and dip my toes into the still water. A soft breeze blows, causing the loose strands of my hair to lightly whip around my face.

Taking in my surroundings I feel a calm flow through me. Thinking back to what happened I wonder if I should've yelled at Dante like I did and stormed off. I usually don't let my emotions get to me but I was so scared of hurting anyone. All because I felt a sudden urge to be intimate with my boyfriend.

Now that I think of it, we didn't have this issue last night. Maybe it's because I've been solely concentrating on my powers all day or since I've put this totem on but I'm so much more aware of them. It feels so foreign which makes me feel uneasy.