Chapter 22 - Rock Storm

Previously in Elements: The Beginning...

SPEAR spotted Jaden on the bridge connecting Bridge Gate to New Kings City.

With this new development, the parents were forced to push the teens' training schedule up. They introduced the kids to a machine that simulates alter-human powers.

When the teens entered the simulation, they found themselves in a horrible sand storm.

Encouraged by their parents, the kids found a way to navigate through the sand storm.

After Ranald and his friends passed the sand storm test, their parents came up with another challenge...

                                     *  *  *

"What do you mean rocks?" Rudolph asked.

In response, a rock fell right beside us.

"Oh..." said Rudolph.

"Snap!" I said.

"Plan!" Shouted Donald. "We need a plan!"

"Okay, okay, I got it..." I said. "Donald, can you clear the top, so that I can see the rocks?"

"I don't know if I have enough energy for that."

"I think I can do that," Lilly said.

I looked at her with a little doubt.

"Don't worry, I got this," she said with a wink.

With that, she closed her eyes. Her body started to turn into water, I couldn't help but laugh inwardly at Rudolph's and Donald's expression.

When her body was fully water, she opened her eyes. "Okay let's do this..." she said.

She shot a blast of water at the roof of the ball we were in. When the water stopped at the roof, it became muddy.

"Lilly, can you try to separate the mud from the water so that Ranny can see the rocks?" Donald asked.

"Okay, let me try..." I saw her close her eyes and after a while, she started to strain. "Nng...I can't..." she said.

"Okay, just open the roof," I said. "Rudolph and I will deal with the rocks."

As she opened the roof, I powered up my hands. I felt the familiar tingle in my arms. For some reason, the tingle started to feel good and I wanted to feel more of it so I sent more electricity to my arm.

"Are you done?" Lilly asked. "Because there's a rock coming towards us..."

"Got it!" Rudolph and I said in unison.

Together, Rudolph and I blast the rock with our own energy and the rock broke into a thousand pieces.

"Nice!" Rudolph said giving me a high five.

"Can you please celebrate later?" Shouted Donald.

I looked up and saw about five rocks coming towards us.

"Ah damn!"

"We have to split the work Rudolph," I said.

"Yeah, yeah, I know!" With that, he started shooting fire blasts at the rocks. I followed suit and destroyed a few of the rocks.

"Increase the velocity."

"I swear our parents hate us," Rudolph said.