Chapter 12 - Time's up!

Donald sigh, as he walked towards the chamber.

"What do you think his powers are?" asked Rudolph when he joined the rest of us.

"We don't know for sure..." Marcus responded.

"Is there a way to find out?" I asked.

"We haven't found a way to know what type of power an alter-human has until after the power has manifested."

"Alter-human?" Lilian asked.

"Yes..." Marcus replied. "That's what we're calling people with powers."

Donald entered the chamber.

Marcus pressed the intercom. "Just get a feel of the chamber Donald..." he said.

"Why do you call us alter-humans?" I asked.

"Your DNAs are not like normal human DNA. They are altered..."

"So are you saying, the storm altered our DNAs?" Asked Lilian.

"No," replied Marcus. "Your DNAs have always been altered." Marcus paused. "The storm just catalysed the manifestation of your powers."

"What?" Exclaimed Rudolph.

I rolled my eyes. "Rudolph, catalyse means—"

"I know what catalyse is Ranny..." Rudolph said with a hint of irritation. "I'm surprised at the part where he said we have always had altered DNA..."

"I'll explain it to you guys when we're done here..." Marcus said. "I'm sure Donald would want to hear it too."

He pressed the intercom again. "Are you ready?"

Donald answered with a sigh, "Okay, let's do this,"

Without warning, Marcus pressed the wind blast button.

In response, Donald made a cry, spun in the air and hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Ouch!" I heard Rudolph say from behind me.

"Oops...the wind blast power was high," Marcus said. He pressed the intercom and said, "Sorry about that Donald. Are you okay?"

"I...I think I'm okay." Donald said as he got up.

"Okay let's go again..." Marcus pressed the wind blast button again.

The blast hit Donald again, but with less force. He massaged his aching back and braced himself for the next blast.

Marcus hit the button and I saw Donald's head turn ninety degrees.

I saw his mouth forming the word, "Damn".

"I think that was a bit hard," I told Marcus.

He turned down the force of the blast.

While Marcus was reducing the force, I saw Donald signalling to us. I told Marcus and he pressed the intercom. "What's wrong?"

"How the hell is this going to make my powers appear?" Donald asked.

"I'm trying to put your body under stress so that your powers can be forced to come out,"

"What? How—"

He was interrupted by a massive blast of air that hit him in the back. It sent him across the chamber.

We could tell it hurt. It was like we felt it.

I became angry.

"What the hell was that?" I shouted at Marcus.