Chapter 13 - Captured

"Jaden!!"

"Alecia, I'm here..."

"Don't...don't leave,"

"I'm here Ali...I'm here..."

"Ahhh!" Jaden shot out of bed with a scream.

That was one of the many dreams he has of that night. It was like that moment was a constant loop. He would go to sleep knowing that he will enter that loop again. And to be honest, he didn't mind.

He saw it as a constant reminder that this world doesn't deserve to live, it was a poison in the universe. The dream reminded him of what he has to do. What he has to do for her.

After taking note of his environment, a small wave of confusion touched him.

He was in a medium size room with white curtains. There was a lot of expensive furniture in the room. And the bed was like heaven compared to what Jaden would lay his head on at night.

After a while, he remembered where he was.

He broke into an empty house the day before, not caring if the owners would catch him there.

Jaden didn't care for much these days. Who would if the only thing you ever cared about was gone?

He walked out of the room lazily. The house still seemed empty.

The house had a modern design. It was not too big or too small but it did show that whoever owned it was stable financially.

Jaden stopped to observe some sculptures that were in the hall that separated the room he slept in from the bathroom.

I can't believe someone would actually buy such ugly things...

Out of nowhere the sculptures—that was once a part of someone's imagination—exploded.

"Outrageous..." he said in disgust.

He moved on to the bathroom and freshened up. When he was done, he made his way to the kitchen.

Immediately, Jaden found the fridge.

He opened it and was shocked by what he saw...or what he didn't see.

"Where the hell is the meat?" He shouted. "Argh!!!" Two of the eggs in the fridge exploded.

He took the remaining eggs—which was about five—and fried them. When the eggs were done, he looked for bread.

The pantry had bread in it, but Jaden became angrier at what kind of bread it was. It was a darkish bread that had whole grain in it.

This was the last straw.

He was about to blow up everything in the house, in anger, when he saw a blinking red light from the corner of his eye. He became curious and walked over to where the light was coming from.

"Ah, damn..." he was shocked and annoyed to see where the light was coming from.

It came from a security panel that was in the corner of the kitchen. On its screen, it said, "Intruder".

Immediately when Jaden saw that, he heard some noise outside. Before he had any time to react, something flew through the kitchen window and sent glass flying everywhere.

He looked on the ground and saw a metal canister. For a moment he was a bit confused, then suddenly, a thick greyish gas sprayed out of it.

More windows in the house were broken, and more gas came into the house.

"What the hell?" He said.

After a while, he started to choke. It was like something was in his throat scraping its walls. His eyes started to burn him and he was forced to close them.