Chapter 17 - Wind Blasts

Donald started to do somersaults in the air. At one point he was just levitating on his back as if he was laying in bed.

"His power is to fly?" Rudolph asked.

"Nope..." Marcus said staring in the chamber.

"What is it then?" Asked Lilian.

"Wind,"

"Wind?" I repeated. "That's interesting."

"Donald, try some attacks..." Marcus said to Donald through the intercom.

Donald stood in the air and I saw him pushing his hand.

"Nothing is happening..." I said to Marcus.

"That's because you can't see wind," he pressed a button and I saw some particles moving around the room.

I saw Donald trying to block his eyes from the particles. In the process of doing that he started to fall.

Donald landed on the floor with his legs.

"Sorry about that Donald," said Marcus.

"You could have warned me first..."

"Sorry..." he took goggles from a drawer nearby and gave me. "Give this to him,"

I ran to the chamber, opened it and handed Donald the goggles.

"Thanks, Ranny..."

I ran back to the others.

"Okay..." said Marcus. "Ready?"

"Sure,"

Once again he closed his eyes and he started to levitate. I saw the small particles moving around his legs in a circular motion, just like how it is when objects get caught in a tornado.

"That's so cool..." I said.

"I know right," Rudolph agreed.

"You can start attacking now, Donald," Marcus said. "I'm turning on the bottom fan so that it can make the particles move around the room."

"Okay, I'm ready..." Donald responded.

Immediately the particles started flying around the chamber.

I started seeing the particles clearing in some areas. After a while, I realised it was Donald Who was clearing the particles.

"How is he so good at using his powers?" Rudolph asked.

"I have no idea," Marcus replied.

"It's like he has been doing it for a while..."

"I was thinking the same thing," I said. "He's flying and shooting blasts of air at the same time."

"I wonder if I can fly," Rudolph said.

"You can try it if you want," said Marcus. "But not today though..."

"Why?"

"Because we've done enough today," Marcus said.

"Plus we haven't seen Madison in a while," I said.

At the mention of Madison, Rudolph's eyes widen.

"Madison..." he said. "Oh no..."

"Yeah..." I said with a laugh.

"What are we gonna tell her though?" Rudolph said.

"Just tell her you guys were spending time with your parents," Marcus said.

"Children don't spend time with their parents for two days, Marcus," Lilian said.

"Yes they do..." he replied. "If they went on a road trip."

"That could work..." I said.

"Guys..." cried Rudolph. "I don't want to lie to her,"

"Well you have to Rudolph," said Marcus. "We can't trust anyone...SPEAR has a lot of enemies. Dangerous ones too."

Marcus pressed the intercom. "You can come out now Donald."

Donald came out of the chamber with a smile.

"Why are you smiling? I asked him.

"I got my powers man!" He exclaimed. "Do you know how excited I am?"

"Um..." I said looking up at him. "I'll say a lot,"

"Wait..." Donald looked around him. "Am I flying?" I nodded. He nervously laughed and said, "I'm still getting used to it," he came back down and saw Rudolph. "What's wrong with him?"

"He doesn't want to lie to Madison," Lilian answered.

"Lie to Madison about what?"

"This whole thing..." I said looking around.

"Oh, bro..." said Donald. "You gotta lie."

"I know..." he said then walked away.

"I feel sorry for him," I said.

"Yeah, but life isn't fair..." said Donald.

We changed back to our normal clothes then went to tell our parents we were leaving.

Our parents were in some kind of conference room. They formed a semicircle and were talking to each other.

When they saw us, they immediately kept quiet.

"Guys, we want to apologise for not telling you about SPEAR earlier in your life..." began Lilian's mother.

"We wanted to protect you..." my mother continued. "And I know you may not think we weren't protecting you," she added while looking at me.

"SPEAR has a lot of enemies..." said Rudolph's mother. "Our enemies are everywhere, we can never be too careful,"

"Okay...you guys sound like you rehearsed this," said Rudolph. "We have places to be...so come to us when you're being genuine..." he began to head to the door. "Later..." he opened the door to the conference room and left.

"Um..." I said. "I guess we'll see you guys at home."

We left the conference room quietly and left our parents dumbfounded.

Rudolph was about to enter the room with the big SPEAR crest on the floor when we caught up to him.

"Hey, Rudolph, are you okay?" I asked Rudolph.

"I'm fine..." he replied without looking at me.

"We all know you're not fine Rudolph," said Lilian.

"Guys, can you just drop it?" He said.

We went into the elevator that would take us to the surface and rode it in silence.

When we arrived at the surface, Rudolph quickly left the elevator and manoeuvred his way out of the old shopping complex.

The rest of us picked up our pace so that we could catch him up.

"Rudolph, wait..." Lilian called out to him.

"What?"

"Talk to us," Lilian had a concern in her eyes.

"I don't want to lie to her Lilly," he said lowering his head.

"I understand," said Lilly. "But you have to,"

"Yes, I know Lilly," retorted Rudolph. "We already established that."

"Come on, lighten up," Lilly said with a smile, ignoring his retort. "You don't want Madison seeing you like this,"

Rudolph sighed. "Yeah, you're right..."

"Now, let's go look for her."

_______________________________

Hey guys,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. If you did, don't forget to vote and comment on what you like about it. If you didn't like it, don't be afraid to tell me in the comments.

See you next time.