Chapter 15 - The Video

"D-Donald?"

I was confused. My emotions were confused. They didn't know whether to be happy or scared.

"Why are you guys looking at me like that?" Donald asked. "And why the bloody hell am I naked?"

"Oh..." Lilian said turning her head.

"Ranald can you turn off your powers?" Donald asked. "I don't want people seeing me in my birthday suit..." he said looking at the stunned people at the doorway.

"Uh, um, um...of, of course..." I said clearing my throat.

"Wait...where am I?" He asked almost breathless. "Am I..." He started to look scared. "Am I dead?"

I looked at Rudolph and Lilian. I didn't know how to respond to him.

"Uh...you..." I tried to form my words carefully. "You were dead..."

"What?"

"Yeah," said Rudolph.

"How?" Donald asked. "Wait, don't answer that...I need some clothes."

He got off the table with the sheet—that was covering him—wrapped around him.

"Here are some clothes..." came a voice beside us.

I formed sparks on my hand so that it could be used as a lantern. I saw that the person was Donald's father.

"It's so good to have you back son," he said as Donald accepted the clothes.

"Thank you, Dad,"

"Get dress quickly Donald," said Gareth rushing into the room. "We have work to do..."

"Hey, hey, wait..." Donald's father said annoyed. "Gareth, he literally just..." he couldn't finish because he was choked by emotions.

"I know Theo..." Mr Williams said with sorrow...with actual sorrow. "But many more will be permanently dead if these kids don't train in time."

"What are you talking about?" Donald's mother said concerned. She walked up to us and the rest of our parents followed.

Gareth sighed and said, "I have to show you guys something."

                                  * * *
After Donald got dressed, we followed Gareth to the room with the monitors.

"What's the problem Gareth?" My father asked when we were in front of the monitors.

"This..." Williams typed something and a news report came up. "I'll just let you watch the news report first..." Williams hit play on the video.

"Behind me was where the building for the National Guards stood," the camera focused on a huge pile of rubble behind the news reporter.

"As you can see, there is nothing left of it. Authorities are currently trying to figure out what or who caused the destruction..."

The reporter proceeded by interviewing people who claimed to have seen what happened.

Gareth stopped the video. "Okay we don't need to see those...the witnesses were all saying the same thing."

"What were they saying?" Asked my mom.

"They were saying that one minute the building was fine, then the next, it just started to crumble."