Chapter 14 - Gone too soon

12 hours!

That's how long he has been gone for.

It didn't feel real. I mean it was just a week ago we were hanging out at the mall.

No! This can't be possible! This can't be my reality.

All my life I thought that nothing could happen to people who were close to me. It was kinda like they were invincible. I mean, I know they could get hurt...but, but I never thought they would leave forever.

It was so painful to think about.

Donald!! Please wake up! Please! I can't imagine a future without you...none of us can.

I was in the SPEAR underground building sitting by myself in one of the interrogation room. I didn't want to be around anyone right now. Being around people would just make the pain worse.

Flashes of our lives together keep entering my head. The more I try to suppress them the stronger they become.

Donald, I failed you.

My mother's voice forced itself through my thoughts. I didn't even realise she entered the room.

"Honey..." she said softly.

I avoided her eyes. For some reason, the wall across from me seemed more interesting.

"Honey...please talk to me," my mother pleaded.

"Mommy, I don't feel like talking to you right now..." I finally responded. "It's not only because of Donald..." I looked at her.

She had a regretful look on her face. She looked defeated.

My mom sighed and walked towards the door.

"Why?" I asked not looking at her.

She stopped walking. The room was dead silent.

"Why what honey?" She asked without turning around.

"Why did you guys lie to us for so long?"

My mother sniffled. It seemed as if she was crying.

"We were trying to protect you guys,"

"How is keeping your mouth shut protecting us mommy?!" I shouted. "And what were you protecting us from?"

"Be careful! I'm still your mother boy!" She snapped.

"Really?" I retorted. "Could have fooled me..." I said as I quickly got up, pass her and left the room.

I entered the hallway, walk a little distance from the interrogation room and leaned against the wall. The emotions were too much, I couldn't hold the tears anymore. Slowly my body moved towards the floor. When I touched the floor, I put my head in my arms and started to cry.

Someone came into the hallway but I was too weak to look up to see who it was.

The person sat beside me and put their arm around me.

"Ranny..." it was Lilian.

"Yes?" I mumbled.

"We need to be strong for each other..." she said with a sniff.

"I need to be alone," I said, head still in arms.

"Ranny, please look at me," Lilian pleaded.

I looked at her and wiped the tears from my eyes.

She was obviously crying. Her eyes were red and watery and her face was a bit red.

"I want him back, Lilly!" I cried.