Chapter 8 - Surprise (Part - 2)

She opened her eyes. Well, I think she opened her eyes, because her plasma like eyelids moved to show a small greyish circle, which I assumed was her iris.

"This is so cool!" She said.

Her voice sounded different. It was like a sound engineer added a reverb effect to it.

"How did you do that?" I managed to say after a while.

"To be honest, the hardest part is to generate the water. Once a little part of my skin is water, it's easy to turn my whole body to water, " she responded. "Well, everything except my hair. For some reason, it's difficult to turn my hair into water."

I didn't even notice that her hair was still normal. The combination of water and brown hair was very unusual. To be honest, it didn't do her justice, but she still looked stunning.

"How's your vision?" I asked.

"It's kinda weird. Like, a bit blurry but I can still see okay."

"Do you want to look at yourself in a mirror?"

"Um...I'm kind of nervous but super curious," she let out a nervous laugh.

I ran inside for a small mirror.

When I returned to Lilly, I saw her observing herself.

"Here..." I handed her the mirror.

She took the mirror and gasped when she saw her reflection.

"Arg...this stupid hair messed up my look." She said.

"You still look good though," I said with a shrug.

"Yeah...maybe you're right."

She set the mirror down on a nearby table and she started to turn herself back to normal.

I looked at her as the water slowly went down her face.

She met my gaze and said, "Don't want my parents to see me like this."

I smiled and responded, "I totally get it..."

After the water was gone, I noticed that her clothes weren't wet.

"How come your clothes aren't wet?" I asked.

She looked at her clothes and shrugged. "Maybe I absorbed all of the water,"

After a while, I said, "I think it's time for me to go,"

"Oh, yes," she said. "Thank you for your help."

I smiled. "Any time."

I kissed her and said goodbye.

As I left her house, my mind replayed what I just witnessed.

Lilly might become very powerful. She controlled her powers so easily and quickly. There's no telling what she could do with them. But knowing her, she probably wouldn't do too much harm with her powers.

I arrived at my door and opened it.

"Oh, good evening dear," my mom called out from the kitchen as she peered at the door that just opened. "Where have you been?"

"Good evening, mommy," I greeted as I closed the door. "I was at Lilly's house."

"Were her parents there?" My mom asked.

"Um, no..."

"Hm...they left work early today," she said as she turned back to the kitchen. "I hope everything is alright."

I walked towards the kitchen and I remembered I never saw Lola at Lilly's house.

"Maybe they had to do something with Lola," I said as I entered the kitchen. "I didn't see her when I was there."