Chapter 7 - The Agency (Part - 1)

The ball was two inches from his face now.

Suddenly, in one movement, the man ducked and rolled under the electric ball.

Disappointment and astonishment flowed within me like a rushing wave.

How did he do that?

A thought dawned on me. He could be a secret agent for some clandestine agency.

I didn't have enough time to collect my thoughts on what was happening, because right after the man rolled on the dusty floor, he took something out of his pocket. I was trying to figure out what it was when he pressed a button on it and threw it towards us in one move.

Before we had time to react, brownish-yellow smoke sprayed out of the thing, that I now saw was a canister that had similar features to a deodorant spray.

Donald fell first, then Lilly. I was looking at Rudolph, hoping he had the answers to the questions that were running around in my head, but he looked as confused as I was. Then, I saw his eyes slowly closing and he started to wobble on his legs.

Everything went black before I could see my friend fall like the rest.

I have to keep Lilly safe. The red-blue eyes monster is coming! Lilly! Lilly! Where are you? He's coming...he's coming to destroy us all! He's going to destroy us with his bombs! Lilly answer me!

"Lilly!"

"Ranald! Ranny...I'm right here..."

I opened my eyes to see a beautiful face staring down at me. "What the...?" I said, confused. "What happened?" My head was throbbing with pain. "Lilly...are you alright?" I reached out to touch her face. Her eyes were red, as if she was just crying. "What happened?"

"I don't know..." said Lilly. "I just woke up in this strange room."

It was then I became aware of our surroundings. I was lying on my back and Lilly was kneeling beside me.

We were in a white room with a huge mirror on one of the walls. And, opposite the mirror, was a white sofa. There was a door — which was also white — adjacent to the wall that had the mirror.

I slowly rose up, walked to the door and tried its handle. My effort proved futile. I rested my back on the door and groaned. "It's locked..." I told Lilly.

"Wait...where's Donald and Rudolph?" I was so focused on what happened to Lilly and I, that I didn't stop to think about Donald and Rudolph.

"I don't know..." Lilian said with a frown. "I didn't see them when I woke up."

I looked around. "We have to find a way out of here..." I looked over every square inch of the room, yet I had no solution of how to escape.

"If Donald was here, he would probably figure out something..." said Lilly, thoughtfully.

She was right.

Some times Donald was like the McGyver of the group. He would come up with ideas out of nothing.

Suddenly, we heard a crackle on a speaker that was in one of the corners in the room and a voice came on. "Hello, children..." the voice said. It sounded like man who was highly educated. "By now, you must be wondering what you're doing here." He cleared his throat and continued, "Well...despite the circumstances...don't be frightened."

Someone in the background said, "Gonna be hard to do because of what some people did to them..." then another voice said, "Shut up, Marcus!"

The voice that was speaking to us through the speaker, spoke in a low voice, apparently speaking to the others in the background, "Guys...now is not the time..." he cleared his throat and began to speak to us again, "Now children, as I was saying...there is no need to be scared. We're what you'll call...um...let me see...oh yes, the good guys."