Chapter 1 - Electrifying (Part - 2)

The next morning, I woke up feeling great. I had no headache and I had an amazing dream. I guessed I had the dream because of the movie I watched last night.

In the dream, I had superpowers and I was saving the world from all the evil that was in it.

I thought about the dream as I took a shower. I wish I had superpowers...things would be so much easier, I thought as I got out of the shower.

Saturdays were usually laidback. My parents were usually at home and my brother would watch cartoons or go to Lilly's house to hang out with her little sister, Lola, whom, I believe, he has a crush on. I usually hang with either, Lilly, Donald or Rudolph...or all of them.

I went downstairs to the kitchen. I found my mom washing dishes in the sink that was overlooked by a window.

The sun shone on her face, betraying the faint lines of wrinkles.

"Good morning, Mommy," I greeted her as I went over and kissed her on her cheek.

"Oh, good morning, honey..." she said, with a smile. "You look chipper today... how did you sleep?"

"Oh, I slept great."

She asked me about the movie and I told her it was great. "How was the journey coming back? Did you meet any trouble?"

I thought about telling her about the lightning, but I decided not to because that would freak her out. "Oh, it was fine..." I smiled. "Nothing special happened." Liar! I quickly walked out, before she somehow figures out I was lying.

I went into the dining room and found my father sitting at the head of the dining table. He was reading today's newspaper and drinking a cup of tea. He looked up at me from the paper and said, "Good morning, son."

"Good morning, Daddy."

"What time did you arrive home last night?" Of course, he's gonna ask that.

I told him I arrived after twelve and that the rain didn't catch me outside, in case he was going to ask me if I made it in time before the rain. He seemed pleased, so I left him and started for the sitting room. As I was about to enter the room, I remembered that I didn't eat my breakfast. So, I turned on my heels and went back to the kitchen and made myself some cereal. I went back to the sitting room with my cereal.

I found my brother lying on the floor, with his hands on his cheeks, watching cartoons on the television. This image of him made him look like a five year old in a twelve year old's body. I found it funny how cartoons can make anyone of any age look like children. I would be lying if I said I don't watch cartoons -- I actually take my cartoons very seriously.

I took a seat on the leather sofa that was in the corner of the room. I started eating the cereal and a sense of satisfaction overwhelmed me as I tasted the sweet milk mixed with the soft cereal melting in my mouth.

My brother looked at me with annoyance. I looked back at him with equal annoyance and asked, "What?"

He responded, "Aren't you gonna greet me?"

"I'm not the little brother here..." I said. "...you should be greeting me."

He scoffed, then turned back to the television. Unbelievable...kids don't have respect these days, I said to myself.

I finished eating, then went upstairs to brush my teeth. After brushing my teeth, I decided that I was going to go to Rudolph's house to play some video games and probably watch some series.

As I was walking pass Lilian's house, I heard someone calling my name. It sounded like a little girl. I turned around and didn't see anyone. Then, I looked at Lilly's house and I saw a girl poking her head through the sitting room window of the house.