Chapter 21 - The Simulation

Previously in Elements: The Beginning...

Ranald, Lilly, Rudolph and Donald learnt about the man who caused the alter-war, Sandi.

Even though the war is over there are still shadows of it lingering around SPEAR.

The parents then ended up admitting that there might still be moles in the agency. Ranald wanted to know how they knew SPEAR was still corrupted but before the parents could answer, Gareth rushed into the conference with the shocking news of the arrival of the mad youth, Jaden Sharpe.

* * *
We ran to the control room as soon as Gareth finished speaking.

On the huge monitors, we saw the live feed of someone leaning on the side of the bridge connecting Bridge Gate to New Kings City. He was looking at the water below, not showing awareness that he was being watched.

"What's he doing?" I asked.

"Just staring..." Marcus answered.

"At what?" Lilly asked.

"Probably thinking of his evil plan..." said Rudolph.

I shook my head at Rudolph.

"He's probably right," said my father to me. "That's why, right now, we don't have any time to waste."

"Marcus, how far are you with the suits?" Asked Gareth.

"Just a few more touches sir," Marcus replied. "Donald's situation caused a bit of delay..." he added with hesitation.

"Suits?" Rudolph asked.

"Don't worry about it..." said Gareth, dismissing Rudolph's question. "Okay, Marcus, go finish them up now."

Marcus nodded and quickly walked out of the room.

"You guys need to start training," said Gareth to us.

"Don't worry about it Gareth, we'll take care of that," said Lilly's father.

"But we already have someone training them," protested Gareth.

"We can train them faster and teach them how to use their powers...after we take down Jaden, Dawson can continue with them."

"Wait, so is Dawson a part of the inner circle too?" I asked.

"Kinda..." answered Rudolph's father.

"Okay," said my father hastily. "Let's stop with the Q and A's. We have work to do." He quickly walked off in the direction of the training room. We quickly rushed behind him.

When we arrived in the training room, my father commanded us to change quickly.

After we changed into our training suits, we headed back to the training room that was now empty.

"Where is everybody?" Rudolph asked.

"We needed the space to train you guys," Lilly's father said.

"I see..." I responded.

"So how are you going to teach us how to use our powers, if you don't have powers?" Asked Donald.