Chapter 2- Water Wonders (Part-2)

Two surges of electricity shot out of my hands.

The wall in front of me broke into huge chunks of concrete in response to the sudden electric force.

"Wow!" Exclaimed Rudolph.

"Okay, that was awesome!" said Donald.

The tingling in my arms was gone.

"Guys, I think it's gone," I said, with a hint of disappointment.

"Can't you bring it back?" Asked Rudolph.

"I don't know how."

I tried thinking of ways to bring back the tingling. I tried moving my fingers in weird ways. I tried doing what I did earlier with my arms. But all the ways I thought of, ended up producing the same result: failure.

"How is it that you got powers, but we didn't?" Asked Donald.

"I have no idea," I replied. "Maybe the lightning that struck me was the strongest."

"No..." said Donald, thoughtfully. "We got struck by the same lightning. It just separated into smaller lightnings. Kinda like if you split a chewed gum."

I forgot how smart this guy was. "I get where you're coming from," I said. "Maybe the powers take time to develop." I shrugged.

After a few minutes of talking about what happened, Lilian suggested that we should go home  before it becomes too late.

"Yeah, we should go..." I agreed. "Our parents might start worrying."

Donald looked at his watch and said, "I don't think our parents are home now..."

"Why do you think so?"

"Because they're supposed to be having dinner now together."

"Oh, yeah..." I said, with my palm to my face. "I totally forgot about that."

Every few weeks our parents have dinner together at some restaurant in town. I think they discuss things relating to work. We are not completely sure what they talk about; they tend to be secretive most of the time.

We started walking, and it took us about five minutes to arrive at the intersection where we said our byes.

As I watched Donald and Rudolph walk away, I remembered that I didn't tell them about Lilian and I. A wave of guilt crashed into me. I could already see Rudolph's face, flushed with anger. I could see a quiet Donald just in the background, with disappointment, evident in his face.

"What's up?" Lilly asked, sensing something wrong.

"No...nothing much...I just remembered we didn't tell them we were...you know...together..." I moved my hand to and fro between us.

She looked at the receding backs of our friends. "I'm sure it would be all right."

I chuckled. "Nothing with Rudolph is all right."

She laughed. "That's true,"

We started walking hand in hand towards our houses. Then, Lilian stopped walking.

"What?" I asked, curious.

She looked at me with her gleaming brown eyes and said, "Before we go any further, I want my goodbye kiss."

I smiled at her. "Why are you so eager?"

"In case any of our parents are at home...I don't want them to see us."

"Okay fair point."

I quickly pulled her closed to me and kissed her. After a few seconds, she kissed back.