Chapter 10 - Tests

Whoosh!

A gust of wind hit me from behind and threw me across the chamber.

"What the fu-"

"Sorry about that, Mr Lake," interrupted Marcus. "I needed to see if your electricity would protect you when you're not aware of an attack."

The wind hit me so fast I didn't have time to comprehend what happened.

"Wait..." I said after Marcus finished speaking. "What the hell just happened, Marcus?"

"I just explained it to you,"

"No, no," I said shaking my head. "I meant, where did that wind come from?"

"Oh..." Marcus said with understanding. "It came from the vents."

"Vents?"

"They are near the top of the roof," Marcus pointed out.

I looked up and saw narrow slits running along the circumference of the chamber. They were located where the roof meets the wall of the chamber. They were so small that I didn't notice them when I entered.

"How can such strong winds come out of those small vents?" I asked Marcus.

"It's all science, kid," said Marcus. "I don't want to bore you with it."

I remained quiet and observed the chamber some more while I waited for Marcus' next instructions.

After a few minutes of observation, I concluded that there was nothing else out of the ordinary.

"Okay, Ranald," came Marcus' voice again.

I still need to know where the speakers are in here, I thought to myself.

"I'm going to blow more air in the chamber, so get ready...they can come from anywhere," he paused. "Do you know how to activate your powers?"

"Um...yeah," I responded.

"Good...try to defend yourself then," Marcus said.

"Wait, what?" Immediately after I said that a gust of air hit me on my right side. "Ah, damn!"

I tried to concentrate and summon my powers, but random shots of air kept hitting me.

Finally, I got a break from the winds and I managed to fully activate my powers.

Sparks of electricity started to jump around my fingertips and I allowed them to spread along my arms and then allowed them to cover my whole body.

This is the first time I've ever done this.

Seeing Lilly doing it the previous day gave me an idea of how to spread my power all over my body.

Another gust hit me in my back. Suddenly I felt a lot of my electricity concentrated at the spot where I got hit.

What the hell is happening?

A gust of wind hit me in my ribs and it became very sore.

I felt my electricity going to my ribs. Slowly I felt the pangs going.

The electricity is acting like some kind of painkiller.

After a few hits from the invisible energy, Marcus finally told me that he has gotten enough information.

With that, I powered down, then exited the chamber.

"So how did I do?" I asked walking up to the others.

"Well, I know I can do better," said Rudolph, of course.

"Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?"