Comfort inn:27

"Really, we had the perfect end

That night we shared at the Comfort Inn
We made love like the world would have ended...
If either of us had admitted
We were in love
So I was the only one"

•••

"Guess who I saw at the mall."
Harlem says walking into his moms place seeing mason and Sam talking. They both turn their heads towards him.

"Who?" They both say at the same time. Harlem sets Amir down and he starts to crawl.

"Clover." He says sitting down.

"Oh how was she ?" Mason says sitting down next to him. He glares at her.

"You still want her ?" He says rolling his eyes grumbling.

"Maybe." Mason says just joking. She saw the panic on Harlem's face. She decided to milk it a little more.

"I mean we've been talking and I think-" Harlem cuts her off. She was lying but he didn't know that.

"Oh I'm happy for you." He says sighing getting up she grabs his hand and he just looks at her with a blank for. He has tears in his eyes with a straight face.

"Oh Harlem I was just playing baby."
She says hugging him but he doesn't hug her back. He just looks the other way.

"Harlem look at me."
She grabs his face and makes him look down.

"I was just playing Harlem." She says kissing him on the lips. He still doesn't say anything.

"Stop being a baby. I don't want anyone else but you even though you say a lot of shit that makes me mad." He cracks a little small.

"Y'all ugly." They hear Sam speak. "Y'all back together ?" Mason looks at her. Harlem still mad so he doesn't speak.

"Mmmh I guess you can say that. He's on a trail run right now." He smiles.

"Wait so you taking a nigga back ?" He says holding her hands.

"I said trail run Harlem." Harlem shrugs and picks up Amir.

"You hear that little nigga. Ya mama giving me another chance." He says walking around with him.

"Stop calling him that Harlem." Mason yells and Sam looks at her with a smug look.

"What ?" She says sighing.

"I'm happy for you. Harlem he cried his way back in." She says laughing.

"I mean I was gone take him back anyway." Mason says smiling.

"Yes I know. You love that boy for no reason. He not even cute." Sam laughs.

"That's your son." She says smiling.

"I know and he funny looking he made a cute kid though." She says walking off.

"Oh lord."

"Harlem where are you."
She says going to look for him. She walks into a room to see him and her son knocked out watching amazing world of gumball.

"Aww look at my babies." She says kissing him and Amir.

"I love y'all both with all my heart." She says smiling leaving the room.

•••

Harlem has just woke up to see mason snuggled up beside her. He sighs and gets up.

Harlem was 22 years old going on 23 with a baby and he never wanted to get married. He was changing his mind though. He wanted to give mason everything she wanted.

He just knew he had to do some big jester so she could know. Aye I love you and I'm sorry for all the shit we been through.

•¥•

Yes sir

I'm bored