Beyond the Black Horizon

It was hard to keep up, with her eyes drooping and every step feeling as though her feet were on fire. Lucien is leading Freya, whose wrists are still bound but who is no longer gagged, through the woods of Mystic Falls. Freya sighs trudging along as best she can and simply glares at him while they walk, and Vincent follows from a couple of paces behind them.

"After all that flirtation... this is your idea of a first date?" Freya asks sarcastically, her throat dry, and scratchy. Lucien laughs in amusement, she was a feisty woman for sure.

"Think of it as a date with destiny, love. Though, I admit, three is a crowd. Vincent is a necessary evil, I'm afraid-- here to keep you in check should you misbehave." A pit of uneasiness settles in her stomach, she feared for her baby's life. Freya feared for what he had in store for her and her family.

Vincent cuts in angrily. "Yeah, you're leaving out the part where I ain't exactly here of my own volition, man. The Ancestors must have lost their damn minds!" She couldn't help but be glad she wasn't in this entirely alone. If the ancestors were in this plot against her family there would be little she could do.

Lucien responds rather cocky. "Quite the opposite! I've never dealt with a saner bunch. See, when I arrived in New Orleans, I made them a deal. Upon my request, they would grant me access to the Regent--" Lucien gestures to Vincent for emphasis as Freya rolls her eyes.

"--And, in exchange, I'd provide for them a world without the Originals." Lucien sighs dramatically, and Vincent's eyes widen in alarm. He and Freya lock eyes and realizes the gravity of their current situation.

He glances down at Freya. "Didn't take much convincing. They do despise your family."

They walk a few more yards until Lucien finally stops just feet away from a familiar-looking basin sitting upon a rock-- right by where Esther both created the Originals. Freya's uneasy feeling grows worse and she struggles to keep the rising bile down. Lucien throws her to the ground, she curls into a semi-fetal position instantly.

"Ah... We're here."

Vincent's tone is irritable as he looks around the clearing where they've stopped. Freya gazes around her, she'd always wondered where it had all begun. 

"Yeah, but where the hell is "here," man?"

Lucien gasps in shock and disappointment. "What...?" Lucien sighs and gives them both offended looks.

"How disappointing! Two powerful witches, who cannot sense when you're treading on hallowed ground?" Vincent sighs defeatedly when he realizes what Lucien's talking about. Continuing his dramatic explanation, Lucien gestures around them with a satisfied smile.

"Welcome... to Mystic Falls. The place where it all began."

"...I mean to replicate that spell. I have everything I need to become what I deserve to be."

Lucien walks toward Vincent and stares him in the eyes, and Vincent laughs in defeat as he considers the implications of this plan. Freya pulls herself to her knees and puts his thoughts into words.

"You want to become an Original."

Lucien scoffs dismissively, he refused to be compared to those bastards. "Do I look like the sort who'd settle for some shoddy Original model? I intend to be an upgrade."

Freya struggles to stand with how little energy she has left. "You're insane to think I'd ever help you craft any spell."

Lucien shakes his head chuckling. "Oh, no, no, no. You misunderstand. Vincent will handle the spell." Vincent rolls his eyes in annoyance as Lucien grabs Freya by the arm and yanks her toward the basin.