A Streetcar Named Desire

Sebastian

Old jazz music filters throughout the old shipyard where I've hidden Aurora away. The less the Mikaelson's know about the coming storm the better.

"I can see why my brother liked you. Such the strong, silent type." I roll my eyes as I turn away from the paperwork I'd been attending to. Marcel may take the public role of leadership but behind the scenes, I was pulling the strings.

"This isn't silence, Aurora. It's patience. Give me what's in your hand, and I'll give you what you want." I was getting impatient with her arrogance and stupidity. I'd been trying to get the white oak from her for hours but the bitch won't budge.

"But you see, Sebastian, what I want, I have. A weapon that can kill the unkillable and make the Mikaelsons suffer nearly as much as they've made me suffer."

" Oh please darling, I hate to tell you but we've all suffered. Unfortunately, Elijah is one of your targets and my sire. If you kill him, I die too." I twirl the fountain pen in my fingers.

"As would my brother, who drowns endlessly at the bottom of the ocean. Killing Elijah is the only mercy I can offer him, Sebastian." She strolls up and plucks the pen from my fingers before setting it down on the desk.

"But what if there was another way? Help me sever the link between the Originals and their sirelines... and maybe I'll show it to you." I raise an eyebrow unimpressed with her poor attempts at manipulation. Aurora sighs sits down at a vanity table in the train car and cuts off a small lock of her red hair before handing it to Sebastian.

"You know, Sebastian, when this is over, we should be better friends."

I give her a smirk. "When this is over, we can be anything we want." I lead Aurora over to a plush armchair that is covered in cobwebs.

"Now, come and lie over here." I nod toward one of the surviving Sisters, who walks into the room with a bowl in her hands and her customary hood over her head.

"Cynthia will guide you."

"This had better work!" I hand Cynthia the lock of Aurora's hair, and Aurora leans back as the witch kneels next to her and drops the hair in the bowl.

"Close your eyes. When this is all over we will be the victors." The two of us smile as Cynthia begins to cast the spell.

Amelia

Freya is pacing around the study while Elijah, looking tense, is standing and watching her. She turns and gives him an incredulous look, my judging eyes never leave Elijah. The fact that what he was telling us managed to remain a secret was impressive.

"Let me get this straight... You daggered Rebekah? And you're just telling us now?"

"She sacrificed herself to protect us. And, to protect her, I've told Niklaus, and I'm telling you. No one would have known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life." I just sat at the edge of the couch scratching my head in disbelief. He might as well have accomplished one part of the prophecy, and it was Freya who voiced equal concern.

"The prophecy says you three will be felled by friend, family, and foe. Rebekah was fallen by family. That leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."

"Just one or two." I roll my eyes at his obvious attempt at sarcasm. This man was putting the lives of his loved ones in danger and he believed this was a good time for jokes.

I reply sarcastically. "Thankfully, not many friends." Of course, these words might have been said too soon. Klaus rounds the corner with a young man, Klaus of course, wore a rather irritating smirk.