I Hear You Knocking

Amelia

"Mommy! Help us, Mommy!"

"EMMA! JAMES!"

"AH!" I woke up in a sweat. Running a hand through my bed-head I sit up and realize it was all a bad dream. Despite the reassurance that it was over, all my inner alarms were going off, I know it's not. A buzzing from my phone alerts me that unfortunately, people outside my bedroom door were in need of my help

"Dammit." I squint at the bright screen to see a text from Marcel of all people.

MEET AT ROUSSEAUS IN 10 - M

I manage to throw on a navy blue t-shirt, jeans, and boots. I had even gone so far as to slip two small knives Adam had given me as protection knowing that it was going to be a long day. Adam himself had chosen to watch over the kids and stay out of Mikaelson business. To a degree, I was glad he wasn't as pushy about his dislike of my involvement as Jack or my brothers.

Pushing open the door to Rousseau's I was surprised to see a busier than usual crowd. Marcel's sulky attitude wasn't hard to miss, sitting at the bar with a woman that I'd never seen before. The two seemed deep in conversation but I was close enough to get bits and pieces as I approached.

"You didn't come back to your place last night. What's going on?"Marcel rubs his eyes that have now been accented with dark circles. 

"I just spent the last six hours going to every palm reader, exorcist and witch doctor I know. Now, they all say I'm fine, but ever since the bayou, something is off."The mystery woman opens her mouth to respond but I cut her off. 

"What do you mean off?" The two turn to see me, the dark-haired woman isn't thrilled by my presence. Marcel ignores my question and points to the cracked mirror. Marcel then introduces the woman as his companion Sofya. We both give each other the mutual 'we-won't-kill-each-other-for-now' look.

"The mirror cracked in the exact shape of the sigil we've seen all over town." The symbol reminded me of what we'd seen at the cave last night. He gestures to the symbol again. 

"We killed witches who follow that. They tried to anchor it to our world. Now I think I think it's anchored to me."

"Good god Marcel." I glance around the bar and lower my voice. 

"Did this happen last night?" He nods and Sofya tries not to look exasperated.

"Then you need a witch. A good one. I know someone."He nods in agreement. 

"Yeah, I need a New Orleans witch. Vincent has a history with this thing, and this thing did just kill his friend, so I think he'll help me." I glance between the two as if they just grew a second head. 

"And in the meantime, I'm supposed to do what? Cross my fingers and hope you're not possessed? Why the hell was I summoned for this?"   

"That's not gonna happen to me. I need you because if there's something going on with me, chances are it's also going on with Klaus. Plus, you're pretty good company." I mumble a thanks asshole under my breath knowing full well both can hear me.

"Good. 'Cause neither of us is letting you out of our sight until you're cured."
GOING TO BE OUT FOR A WHILE. THE PEOPLE APPARENTLY CAN'T LIVE W/O MY HELP -A

Keelin wakes to find a drink on the table beside her makeshift bed. She sits up just in time for Freya to walk in the room after getting breakfast for Persphone.