Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Elsa

Punzie appeared in front of me as I opened the door. I was probably in shock, since I couldn't hear clearly what she said as she walked in.

Mer stepped in after her and my hearing came back to me as I shut the door. I stood there as Jack awkwardly gave them hugs.

I shuffled over to Jack. "Hiccup? Who is she?" Punzie asked pointing at Astrid. Astrid seemed annoyed, uh oh.

"So! Uh, what brings you two here?" I asked as Jack wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

"We have about a month off of school, so our parents let us stay here in LA! But we have a hotel nearby. I missed you guys!" Punzie said and hugged the both of us.

Jack grunted while I laughed as she pulled away. "So Mer. As you can see..." Jack trailed off as Hiccup and Astrid stood up.

"Yeh, I can tell that they're datin'." She said. I haven't heard her accent in so long...

Astrid grinned at the both of them. "Well, my name is Astrid. Nice to meet you." She said and Punzie smiled back. Mer gave her a small fake looking grin, barely noticeable.

We stood awkwardly. "I'll just head to the apartment. I'll see you later Elsa?" Astrid said after a few minutes.

"Yeah. Maybe in an hour. Toby is at his place right now, I was over there a few hours ago." I said and she nodded.

"Bye Hic, Jack. I'll leave you guys to it." She said and gave Hic a quick hug and me and Jack too. She left.

"Don't be mean to her." Hic said right after she shut the door. "I wasn't." Punzie replied. "Great way to reunite with your friends, am I right?" I muttered to Jack who chuckled.

"We came back to see you guys and have fun. Mer didn't want to go in the first place. I practically dragged her into the plane. She came here, for you." Punzie said pointing at Hiccup.

Mer rolled her eyes. "Can you not Punzie? I don't need Hiccup." She said. "It's good you moved on. I did too." Hic said grinning.

Did he not realize that Mer still likes him? But Astrid is happy with him too...

"Stop. Talking." I groaned. They grew quiet. "Elsa, why didn't you tell us about, uh, Astrid?" Punzie asked. "Well I haven't talked to you guys in awhile. My studies too. The times I talk to you guys I say stuff about her I just don't say her name." I said.

Mer nodded. Somehow we ended up talking like we were in high school again. Mer and Hic would make eye contact or even talk to each other, but other than that it's pretty good.

After awhile Punzie yawned. She was sitting on the couch with Hic and Mer was sitting on another bean bag. I was sitting in Jack's lap on the other bean bag. "Well I'm beat. Are you Mer?" She said and Mer nodded.

"We'll probably head to our hotel. Are you guys busy tomorrow?" Punzie asked. "Well I have classes with Astrid. I think Hic has work. Jack is going to visit Perri obviously." I said and the two boys nodded.

"Who's Perri?" Mer asked. "Jack has this 6 or 7 year old friend that has leukemia. He visits her and everything, he used to read to her at the library." Hiccup explained. Mer nodded curtly at him.

"We'll probably just go shopping. Or get some souvenirs!" Punzie said happily. Jack chuckled. "Alright, well maybe we should get going now. We'll see you some other time." Mer said and stood up.

She pulled Punzie off the couch and the two of them walked outside after giving us hugs. Except for Mer and Hic. Obviously.

"I hope things will be okay." Hic mumbled as he ruffled his hair.

"Hopefully it'll be all smooth sailing from now on." Jack said and smiled at me.

~

~

~

~

~

~

3 weeks later...

Jack fell to the ground in front of the engraved stone. His black clothing didn't suit him at all, he's always so happy. Perri died probably a week ago, and the funeral was today.

Punzie and Mer couldn't come since they didn't know her well. But me, Astrid, Hic, and especially Jack did. The funeral ended an hour ago, but only the four of us and Perri's parents were here.

I stood behind Jack as he stared at the stone, hoping it would disappear and replace itself with Perri. Astrid and Hic were standing next to me.

"Jack, it's been an hour since the funeral was over. I'm sorry baby, but we have to go back home." I said softly. He sighed quietly before standing up.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go home."

-

When the four of us went back to Jack and Hic's apartment, the atmosphere was stiff and silent. Jack went into his room quietly.

"Poor Jack. He's so upset." I said and Astrid nodded. I went into his room slowly. He was sitting on his bed, staring at the wall.

I didn't say anything. He probably wanted the silence for now. I shut the door and walked closer to him. I softly kissed his forehead before a tear fell out of his eye.

He still didn't look away from the wall. "Jack..." I whispered. "... just please come here." He said hoarsely and pulled me into his weak embrace.

The silence seemed to comfort him as I slowly caressed his cheek. "Can you tell me a little more about Perri?" I asked quietly.

"... she was always happy. No matter what. Even when she was in the hospital everyday, there was always that smile on her face. She barely cried, if she was she would want me to read her favorite book." He said after awhile.

"What was her favorite book?"

"Green Eggs and Ham. Every time I read it she would stop crying." He said grinning through his tears.

"... If I read it to you will you stop crying too?" I asked. He looked me in the eye with a bigger grin.

"I love you."

"I love you too. Now let's start reading."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perri died? :(

Besides all the sad sad stuff, I made a new cover!

Is it pretty guys? Is it? I hope it is ;P I just scrolled past the picture of them with the shirts on GOOGLE :D and I edited it a little and made the cover 😃

If you guys want to, I'm not saying you have to, make me a cover you can just send it to me!

And if I do choose someone's cover I can ask them to do something else and what will be happening next until the book is done *wink wink*

BUT I DONT HAVE TO DO THIS AGAIN 😂

I'll update when I have the time lovelies ;P

Homecoming is coming up (hehe) so I need to get my outfit ready :O

Byeee guys luv y'all <3

~Author~ 💕