Chapter Thirty-Four

Finn's POV

That night, Aidan had me over for dinner. He drove me to his house after my last class of the day and when I got back, he sent me upstairs to get pajamas on. I liked that I didn't feel weird grabbing his clothes out of his closet.

When I got back down stairs, the lighting was a little dimmer and music was playing. It wasn't overly romantic, but he was definitely trying to pull something.

"Are you trying to make it mood lighting in here?" I asked with a giggle. "I'm going to swoon."

Aidan rolled his eyes, but I didn't miss the manly blush that appeared on his cheeks. "I didn't try making mood lighting...I have a headache and the bright light was making it worse."

"Okay, Romeo," I teased, poking him in the stomach. He gave me a kiss, probably to shut me up. "So, what are we doing?"

"Well, I wanted to make dinner with you, but there's a pretty big problem," Aidan said gravely. I leaned forward, worried. "You're vegan." Of course. "So I bought normal people food, and then I also went outside with a basket and picked some leaves off of the oak trees out back."

I kicked him in the butt. "You quit that! I told you, my veganism doesn't hinder me! ...I can eat some Italian foods."

Aidan shrugged. "I guess there's not much else in life that you need." He paused and I got to admire the way his eyes looked in the dim light. His pupils were blown wide with a sliver of light gray surrounding it. They kind of reminded me of a solar eclipse. "Actually though, I found a recipe on line that you can at and I went out to get the stuff for it yesterday."

The fact that Aidan Demos, rough and tough asshole, had googled vegan recipes and picked out one he thought I might like made my heart beat just a little too fast. That was just too sweet.

He could totally see the mushy look I was giving him, too, because he wiggled uncomfortably. "Stop looking at me like that! I wasn't going to just ignore the fact that you're a vegan."

I rushed up to him and gave him a big hug. "You're amazing," I said into his shirt. "I can't believe you have the entire student population fooled into thinking you're an asshole. You're a big softy."

"I am not."

"Oh yes you are," I said, pulling away and giving him a glowing smile. I could see the tiny smile he was wearing as well, so he could just quit his disagreeing. "You're being way too nice to me tonight. Am I going to get spankings too?"

Aidan licked his lips. "If you want. Or you could find something else in the room that you want to try. But nothing...you know, nothing that involves nudity."

I was definitely going to need clarification on what did and what didn't involve nudity.

The two of us got to work on the recipe, which was actually really easy to make. He'd picked out a butter squash linguine recipe, which was definitely because it actually looked like real pasta and Aidan probably assumed it was going to taste the same.

It was nice to cook with him. We worked together with chopping and adding ingredients, we made out when we waited between each steps, and I even managed to get him to give me AUX. Which is how we ended up dancing to Ed Sheeran while the linguine cooked.

"I hate dancing!" Aidan said, laughing and spinning me. "It's awful. Happy people dance and I'm not happy."

Judging by his big ass grin, he was very happy.

"You're just mad you can't move your hips like I can!" I bragged, giving him a cute little wiggle. His gaze dropped to my hips so fast you'd think I was actually naked. I was happy to see his pants tighten, but didn't bother mentioning it. I had to wait until Mr. Virgin Mary felt he wasn't manipulating me anyway.