Chapter Five

Aidan's POV
"Liam, you know you're the sister I never asked for," I said. He scoffed. "And if I weren't into twinks, we'd be married by now." That made him scoff even louder. "But...this is a lot of unnecessary work to get a quick lay." Liam sent me a charming grin and I further regretted agreeing to this horrible plan.

"Who says its gonna be quick?" He waggled his eyebrows an obnoxious fashion. "This is gonna be fuckin' amazing." He turned the dial up on the radio and started nodding his head to the music, aggressive enough to make his dreads bounce up and down. "Maybe my quick lay will be you."

"If you wanted me to fuck you, you wouldn't have dragged me all the way to a gay club in Providence to do it. Never mind a gay club that allows 18 year olds." I rested my forehead against the glass window and stared moodily out the window like a teenager fighting with his dad. It was a little bit juvenile for me, but it got the point across. Plus, I got to admire the beautiful view of the endless rows of cars in the disgusting parking garage.

"Fair point. I'm not gonna lie, I do have an ulterior motive."

"Shocking."

"But hear me out! It's a good one..." Liam trailed off and nibbled on his lower lip, which meant they weren't good ones. "Um, so I met this guy. On Tinder." I groaned. "His name is Jordan! He's really sweet...and he lives in Providence."

"Holy shit, you've got to be kidding me. You dragged me on an hour-long commute from hell just so I can third wheel your hook-up with someone who probably isn't real?" I longed for my couch and Ben & Jerry's and Jack. Or maybe a local bar where I was known for being a good lay, so I could take home someone who preferably wasn't 17.

"He is so gonna be real! ...Why would you say he isn't gonna be real?"

"That happens, Liam. All the time. It's called catfishing."

"The fuck is that?"

"See, I'm way cooler than you are because I'm constantly surrounded by college kids. Catfishing is when someone steals and uses a fake profile picture online, so you don't know their real identity."

Liam was quiet for a minute. I appreciated every minute of it, because the longer we sat in the car the less time we had to spend in an obnoxious club.

When he looked up at me, there was uncertainty in his eyes. "Do you think Jordan would really do that? I mean, he seems real. He's 29, he hates Cheetos, he has a mom and a dad and a twin brother. Aidan—" to my horror, he looked bashful. "We've been seeing each other. He's my boyfriend; it'll be official tonight. And who else to meet him with than my best friend, am I right?"

I stared at my hands, utterly defeated. It was now known that not only was tonight going to be miserable for me, but it would also be miserable for Liam. I wasn't sure how he misunderstood what the true purpose of Tinder was.

I then realized that perhaps the later we stayed in the car, the later we got home. "Well, maybe this will work out. There's one way to find out. Let's go to this club and if it goes horribly with Jordan, we'll go home and you can crash at my place. Cardi and Jack can have sex on his doggy bed and we can fuck too if you want."

Liam's shoulders slumped. "Cardi deserves better than Jack, Jack ain't got no balls."

"Fuck off, Jack is perfect and Cardi is a Pomeranian, she's definitely a whore."

Liam groaned, knowing the dog fight wasn't even worth it with me, and hopped out of his car. I followed behind, slightly chipper now that it was pretty much set in stone that we were going to leave early.

The club was decietfully quiet on the outside, despite the long line of people waiting to get in. I let out the smallest huff at the sight, but Liam still elbowed me for it. He was a little bit sad since I'd totally crushed his mood with reality, but his eyes still darted around in hopes to find Jordan.