Chapter One

Orion sat in the old library with only the light from his lamp. He reached for a old dusty book and opened it, finally. He's been searching for this book his parents the King and Queen of Harwood kept hidden for ages, about life before and during the war the changed the country.

"Prince Orion are you in here?!" a maid called out, she rolled her eyes, he saw the light and walked over to the Prince, he just looked up at her and smiled "what are you doing reading that dusty thing?"

"But-" Orion was cut off as the maid dragged him out of the library

"No buts, your parents want to talk to you in the main room" she informed, Orion sighed as the maid dropped him off. He opened the door to see his parents, King Bryce and Queen Adele watching their kingdom from the giant window.

"You wanted me?"

"Orion!" His father shouted "I'm glad you're here"

"What did you walk to talk to me about?" He questioned

"Well, since you're going to be eighteen soon, we were going to ask you, what would you like us to do for your birthday? it can be anything" his mother smiled "I mean you're already getting a big birthday ball, have you picked someone to take as your date?"

"I want to know more around the land that we call the isle, the one where all the people you claim to be bad are" he stated "and no, I haven't found a date yet"

The King turned to face him "there's no way you're learning about that place, it's too dangerous. You can ask anything else but that"

"But dad! I want to know, I grew up with the stories of the leaders of the isle and I know they all have kids around my age!" Orion pleaded "I was brought up with the stories of the six wizards and witches, why wont you just tell me, what happened, why cant we bring those children over, they did nothing wrong?"

"Then you must have heard the story of how they nearly destroyed this world, if it wasn't for me all those years ago that guy would be leading this place, and no, the kids will just be as bad as their parents" the King exclaimed "we got rid of one of those wizards, what ever they call themselves"

"Orion does have a point" Queen Adele piped "what if we do bring the kids over, under strict watch, and we can maybe change them"

"Dad" Orion bit his lip "we can teach them, like what mum said we can have strict rules for them, once they break a rule we will send them back on the next boat, they can attend the school we have here"

"This could end badly, those kids are laced with evil, this is a terrible plan. Just think, what would happen if you bring them over and they attack the kingdom? What if they earn your trust so they can kidnap you and leave this kingdom without an heir"

"Dad" he stated "you're not even giving them a chance, you haven't even met them, they could be sweet and kind"

"No means no Orion, not another word about this-"

"Is everything okay?"

The King was cut off by a girl, she had long black hair and deep brown eyes. She stood at the entrance of the room. Orion glanced over to her and smiled.

"Melia, I'm sorry you had to hear all that" King Bryce apologised "I'll let you two go, maybe you can talk some sense into him while you're there"

"I will" she replied back, grabbing Orion by the arm and pulling him out of the room "what did you do to upset your dad so much?"

"It's nothing"

"It's not nothing, Orion we've been friends since we were little kids, I know when something is bugging you" she cooled, Melia knew all too well what Orion is like "what did he do this time"

"Well, you know how I'm interested in the isle" he told

"I swear to god did you ask them to bring the children of those elite wizards over?"

Orion nods "yea but-"

"Orion, you know the story, do you want that to happen again?" She sighed "I don't think bringing them over is a good idea... I'm sorry"

"I know the story and I know that their parents could have done to this kingdom, but these people aren't their parents" he explained "it's been twenty five years since the attack anyway"

"You just don't get it" Melia grown, every person on this island knows the story of when the elite wizards attacked the kingdom, nearly over throwing the king and tried to claim the throne. King Bryce defeated the leader of the elite wizards, trapping five out of the six wizards on a remote island, which is now where all the prisoners are left to live the rest of their lives, trapped, never to step foot on the mainland again. "You're father is just trying to protect his people-"

"Orion, Melia, can I speak to you?" Queen Adele walked into the room "your father and I talked about your request, a letter will be sent out to the elite wizards kids, allowing them to travel to here. Declan and his wife will be staying with us when they are over"

"Wait you mean it?" His eyes lit up

"But your Highness-"

"Melia, it'll be fine" she cooled "I have a special job for you anyway, I'll talk to you later about it"

"Mum, this is amazing! I can't believe I'm actually going to meet someone from the isle, we should make them at room, as much as we can" he piped "I can can even show them around!l

"I still don't think this is a good idea" Melia rolled her eyes, she didn't really trust anyone from the isle, she knew the king wouldn't agree to something like that if there wasn't a plan
in place.

"Which reminds me, you both have fittings, and you're late"

Melia and Orion froze, they totally forgot about their fitting, since it was Orion's 18th his parents wanted him and his best friend to look their best for the night

"Yea, lets go" Orion said as both of them left the room

"Those two are so cute" Queen Adele gleamed "I'm sure they'll realise it someday"