Chapter 48: A Silver Gun

When the sun rose at dawn, Jimin's eyes opened in the early morning. This was hours before the thunderstorm as Jimin began to feel somewhat scared of what could happen. He couldn't seem to put his finger on the feeling and question what this truly was. There was something off about the day… The way the clouds moved, the way the sun beamed down on the city alone, or even the plans Jungkook had for the gang today. Jimin felt as if he wanted to stay where he was just to spend more time with Jungkook… But deep down, he knew Jungkook would never leave his gang alone.

        Even then, Jimin just wanted to bail out for today. On the other hand, Jimin just couldn't trust Jungkook alone in the gang… Mostly because he still worried about the chances of Jungkook killing someone. The man couldn't tell when and where Jungkook would do this… But most likely when he has the power to shoot someone with a gun. Thinking about it always sent fear through his skin like a bullet shot into water. Of course, Jimin wanted to believe his lover wouldn't do any harm… yet, he also doubted that. Even one week worth of therapy wouldn't be able to comfort Jungkook and change his heart if the day ever comes when he has an urge to kill. Thoughts on that alone, left Jimin afraid deep down.

       Jimin sat alone on his bed in the morning and quickly looked around. Trying to find Jungkook, but the young man wasn't in the room only Peanut was over at the edge of the bed. Last night after their intercourse, they took a shower to go out for dinner, and cleaned up the bed. Setting the covers into the washing machine and dryer soon after. After the whole night, they fell asleep on Jimin's bed and cuddled while wearing only their underwear. Jimin thought back at the lovely night as he noticed Peanut stretch and make his way towards Jimin to meow.

       "Ah, of course Jungkook let you in." Jimin chuckled as he raised his hand to guide it along Peanut's fur. "You're so quiet… I hope you didn't hear me last night…" Jimin mentioned. Observing the kitten move it's head along the touch and purr as well. Jimin took a moment to caress the kitten after neglecting him all day yesterday. As Jimin looked at the kitten, the bedroom door opened and in walked Jungkook. Wearing different clothes from the ones he wore last night. The younger stepped in with a black T-shirt tenting over his blue jeans, and black boots as well. Looking as if he wasn't going to work for the day.

        "Good morning, Jimin." Jungkook spoke happily as he walked over to his lover, yet, kept one hand balled into a fist. Almost as if he was hiding something. "Today is another big day, My Swan…"

         "It's just another mission, Jungkook." Giggled Jimin as his hands continued to caress Peanut until Jungkook leaned in to give his soulmate a kiss on the lips. "What's so special about today..?"

         "Well… I know it's stupid to count the months… But, exactly one month ago, we met… and I wanted to give you something to remember the time…" Jungkook mentioned as he rose his hands to cover Jimin's eyes. Hearing his lover giggle cutely after. "Remember, you don't have to give me anything… all you need to give in return is your love… I don't want anything but you and no other gift could compare to what you are to me..." Jungkook whispered delicately. Just as Jimin kept his hands over Jungkook's hand that blinded his vision, the younger pulled his hand back and that's when Jimin opened his eyes to see a silver necklace. The necklace was the most precious and breathtaking thing Jimin has ever seen and let alone, the charm of a silver swan was in Jungkook's hands as he held it for Jimin.